Witcher 2 shots are new, lovely

Tuesday, 12th April 2011 17:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt Red has sent over some new screenshots from The Witcher 2, which is out next month. Oh, please hurry May!

The game’s out worldwide on PC May 17.

1. UuBuU

Geralt’s face looks so much better since they changed it.

2. Dralen

The spells looks amazing now! Can’t wait to get my hands on this.

Does anyone know if this is gonna get Steamworks? Just curious because I would like to get the boxed edition but I love all my games on steam as well.

3. Edo

Looks splendid.

4. abbe

@2: It will not. However you can buy it on Steam (and have been able to do that for several months already).

5. Dralen

That’s a shame. I think I will be getting the boxed special edition anyway, it looks very nice and it’s cheaper than the steam version.

6. YoungZer0

@1: You serious? He looks like shit now. CD Projekt made the stupid mistake to listen to their fans. He looked really awesome when they released the first screenshots. After a lot of Stupid Cunts complained about it he became uglier and uglier by every screenshot that was released.

Just look at it:

How can you go from right to left? The new footage of him looks like a placeholder. Like something from a pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha.

Geralt is a Witcher, they look younger than humans. He also a playboy. Apparently people misunderstood that and now we have Hugh Hefner here.

Having that said, i’m amazed by the rest of the art-direction. The clothes, armor and especially the creatures. I take my hat off for that. That game is going to piss on Dragon Age.

7. UuBuU

@6 – The original Geralt looked like a wiener, sorry. The new design at least looks normal, somewhat intelligent, and less like someone who’s the product of inbreeding.

There’s a good reason why most RPGs allow character customization, and that’s because it’s impossible to please everyone with a single design for the main character. Letting players decide how their character looks rather than forcing an image onto them is the best way to please everyone.

In the Witcher’s case, they’re sticking to the books and keeping customization to a minimum, which is fair enough… the downside of that is, not everyone will be happy no matter how many changes they make. But they were definitely right to listen to the criticism in my opinion. The original design for Geralt was hideous.

8. YoungZer0

@6: Just look at the picture i posted and tell me what exactly makes him look like an inbred. He looks good. This was an early design of Geralt for Witcher 2. Not to be confused with his ugly self from Witcher 1.

And we get it, you like customization. No need to mention it again. It’s not ‘that’ kind of RPG. But i agree, if this is the Geralt i have to play now, i’d actually risk to wait for some kind of mod or something that makes him look less like an abomination.

9. UuBuU

@8 – Forehead, eyes, facial expression (i’ve seen mental retards pull that exact face). In general. there’s just something very “off” and ugly about the earlier design.

The new design looks more normal and intelligent. It’s also slightly closer to the Geralt from Witcher 1, which was fairly decent in my opinion. It no longer looks like they took the original Geralt from Witcher 1 and hit him in the face repeatedly with a large object before reducing his mental ability to that of a 5 year old.

Like I said, it’s impossible to please everyone. Many hated the earlier design, others liked it. Some will like the new design, others will hate it. I personally much prefer the new design.

It’s pointless arguing over it.

10. YoungZer0

@9: You must have met a lot of beautiful looking retards in your life. The last thing i’d call the new design is intelligent and normal. Especially those eyes, looks like some kind of Goth with contacts. Anyway … agree to disagree, i guess.

11. Gheritt White

This is why I like Assassin’s Creed so much – I’m so sick of the constant faux-medieval tripe so many game devs serve up.