BAFTA GAME Award nominations announced

Thursday, 10th February 2011 12:54 GMT By Johnny Cullen

BAFTA’s announced the nominations for the first award in this year’s game awards.

The BAFTA GAME Award will be the only award voted for by the public at the ceremony. Nominations are:

• Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Nintendo)
  • Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar Games)
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Criterion Games, EA Games)
  • Mass Effect 2 (BioWare, EA Games)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch, Activision)
  • Heavy Rain (Quantic Dream, Sony Computer Entertainment)
  • Halo: Reach (Bungie, Microsoft Game Studios)
  • FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
  • Dance Central (Harmonix, MTV Games)
  • Limbo (Playdead, Microsoft Game Studios)

You can vote for your winner here.

1. Blerk

I’ve voted for Red Dead. Rah!

2. lukemime

same here Blerk

3. loki

RDR

4. Erthazus

RDR

5. OrbitMonkey

Outlaws to the end, partner :)

6. Johnny Cullen

Bah. Muppets the lot of ya! Mass Effect 2, innit.

7. Blerk

I loved ME2. But RDR was better.

8. Erthazus

Mass Effect 2? For what? For shooterising the RPG genre? For shitty 3 mini games? For OK graphics with good facial animation? For linear shooter without decent scripts? =\

In my opinion RDR, SMG2, Limbo from that list deserve a GOTY, everything else is crap or just good games that don’t deserve GOTY title.

9. Michael O’Connor

Since neither Bayonetta or Vanquish are in that list… Heavy Rain.

10. EscoBlades

Screw RDR. (and i’ll say it again and again)

Mass Effect 2 has to win this.

11. back_up

Heavy Rain

12. blackdreamhunk

awards these days from the media is mostly propaganda I will show the game devs that I love with my dollars. You know game devs that care about their fan base. To me they get the best award don’t need bias propaganda award. My personal thoughts.

you know companies like blizzard,arenanet,dice,tryarch,gearbox,vavale,bio-ware

13. blackdreamhunk

you know game devs that insult their fanbase rocks

14. blackdreamhunk

you know game devs that don’t insult their fanbase.

15. Blerk

I’m kind of enjoying the edit button being gone. :-D

16. YoungZer0

While i didn’t like most of RDR’s annoying comic relief characters, i still enjoyed the game way more than Mass Effect 2.

That coming from a Mass Effect Fan.

17. xino

no GOW 3?

18. Hunam

Red Dead for me too.

19. Lee Morris

Fifa, COD and Dance Central don’t deserve to be on on there. GoW3 didn’t redesign the wheel but it Santa Monica made one of the polished and spectacular games of last. It’s a joke that it’s not on the list and them 3 games are

20. OrbitMonkey

@15 You’d think more people would have the mentalcapacity to self edit. I guess the desire to spout out a soliptic diatribe overcomes some peeps ability to think before they speak/post o_O

21. Dralen

Yeah, Red Dead has to win this in my opinion. If there is any justice in the world that is…which there usually isn’t.

Mass Effect 2 was good and everything, but it did a total 180 on the direction is was supposed to be going, and I was disappointed.

22. Hazzarington

I know that it is a Halo Game and all of you will bitch at me, but I loved Reach (And Still Do!). It had a lovely feel about it, and Bungie put so much time and effort into it. It is an amazing game.

23. orakaa

RDR ? The game with one of the most shittiest story we’ve seen in years ?

The game was good and I enjoyed it… at first, but the “Niko Bellic syndrome” really pissed me off : you have a FREE ROAMING world, yet you’re obliged to do exactly “whatever-his-name” asks you to do, which becomes more than annoying once you reach Mexico and EVERY single quest-giver tries to get you killed only to say “he he, I promise I won’t do it again, now go do what I tell you to !”. I wanted to kill those bastards who obviously would try to kill you again, but NO, you can’t. Just as stupid as invisible walls…

Marston, just like Bellic is just a loser without a single bit of personality. Sure he’s got some style and look… but you could shit on his face and he would still agree to do anyone’s dirty work politely. Honestly, I felt relieved at the end of the game: being so stupid only leads to death.

Mass Effect 2 for me.

24. Golden

Blimey RDR and ME2 are both winners but I think NSF Hot Persuit deserves alot praise.

They are all winners except WII gamers who are all losers :)

25. Golden

Sorry, I’ve always wanted to troll but thought maybe I was too old or sensible.

26. Kuwabara

id have said heavy rain, but rdr has the most epic and well done ending over any game this gen.

27. osric90

Do not vote Legally Blonde, vote art. Vote Heavy Rain.

28. Isaaclarke37