Dark Brotherhood hinted for Skyrim by Bethesda

Monday, 7th February 2011 14:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s Todd Howard has hinted at the return of the Dark Brotherhood for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Howard didn’t outright confirm anything, only going as far as saying to OXM when asked if it would return: “It’s a very popular quest line. We like it a lot.”

The Dark Brotherhood quest line was unlocked when you were woken up in the middle of the night after killing a civilian.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim releases on November 11 worldwide for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Erthazus

Dark Brotherhood was the only thing that i liked in Oblivion.

Quests were amazing, but everything else.. =\

2. Blerk

I liked the Dark Brotherhood quests too. Much more interesting than most of the other ones!

3. Moonwalker1982

This is quite old news though. For anyone who has been following most Skyrim news that started this year and such. :)

4. OrbitMonkey

What I liked about the Dark Brotherhood was how unexpected it was (for me anyway). Getting the offer, after putting a Champion Gladiator out of his misery, was a special moment. Now though with Skyrimm I know something similar will occur, I’m interested to see how they’ll be introduced.

5. RandomTiger

The Dark Brotherhood quests while a great idea annoyed me since I searched the victims stuff thoroughly and discovered who they were but I couldn’t find any way to branch the quest to allow me to act on it so I just had to follow it to the conclusion to see what happened even though I didn’t actually want to have run the missions anymore.

6. RandomTiger

@4 The membership offer came at a good time for me too, he appeared the morning after I had brutally put someone down in a pub fight that started when someone looked at me funny. The dead body stayed there for the rest of the game which was a bit odd.

7. ItsMe

I don’t want to be the guy that thinks he knows better, but I read that the Dark Brotherhood was confirmed in Skyrim a few days ago. Googled a link about this news: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/dark-brotherhood-returning-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

So good news, I liked the Dark Brotherhood quests, but would love a Assassin´s Creed kind of assassin order in Skyrim, without the weird supernatural stuff.

8. OrbitMonkey

@7 I think the chances are slim that the fantasy world of Skyrimm will NOT be ram packed with “weird supernatural stuff” Call it a hunch.

9. ItsMe

@8 Haha, I know, what I wanted to say is that the Dark Brotherhood was too much of a weird sect. As for the supernatural stuff, that’s actually what I don’t really like about The Elder Scrolls, some of that fantasy is not for me. Oblivion was one of the best games I’ve ever played but I didn’t like the Oblivionworlds (then again, I don’t think many people did) and hated to fight skeletons or deal with ghost. That’s also why I like Fallout better, it has the same great gameplay and open world to discover but there’s no supernatural stuff.:)

10. Hunam

I’m a big fan of weird supernatural stuff, but also gun violence whilst on drugs, so both Fallout and Elder Scrolls appeals to me.

11. Doz12

Good news the dark brotherhood quests were pehaps the most imangitive quests and the most fun by far mainly because the player actually had to think what he was doing most of the time!

12. misieque

Spill some blood for me, dear brother !

13. Dralen

The different Factions were the best thing about Oblivion. I loved all of them, obviously the Dark Brotherhood quests were the best of the bunch though.