Kojima shows MGS4 on PSP2 in Tokyo

Thursday, 27th January 2011 18:02 GMT By Johnny Cullen

oldsnake

Earlier this morning, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima appeared at Sony’s unveiling of its NGP system to show off a demo of Metal Gear Solid 4 running on the hardware.

The demo is a cut-scene in the opening section of Guns of the Patriots, where Old Snake is introduced to the Mk. II via Otacon. It’s also where he gets his Solid Eye. Watch the video below, via GameSpot.

NGP releases this year in Japan. Kojima said at the event he will announce his new game for the system at E3 in June.

1. Razor

It’s pretty impressive no matter how you cut it.

2. Erthazus

They did absolutely right thing developing the system with WW studios.

Ken Kutaragi when left SCE said to Sony to start making next gen system with WW Studios together and because of that it’s really going to be easy to develop games for the playstation system.

the result is right here: Fast ports from home consoles that don’t require additional developing resources.

What does that mean? That means that you can create a great game using PS3 games textures, sets, engine and it’s not going to be expensive at all. Game cost will be similar to PSP, 3DS or any other portable stuff.

+ if you want, you can easily port Xbox 360 or PC game/sets/resources to the NGP. I’m honest here :)

3. PsychoboyUK

IM SORRY but i’am sueing Kojima for killing me and and sending me to heaven lol

That is bloody impressive I think SONY have cracked it but still early days

4. theevilaires

HOLY SHIT thats fucking awesome I don’t care how much this cost! Graphics are better than the XBOX360 :D and wait until it gets hacked. The power you will have in your hands will be massive. I could rob banks with this thing!

5. CaptPierce

Ok. NOW I’m impressed. :)

6. topdoog1

Bullshit I dont belive it before I see it with my own eyes thats the ps3 version running.

7. Kuwabara

Imagine all the assests used in games being done on ps3 and being worked on and crafted to make psp2 games and spinoffs, rather than starting of from scratch! :)

8. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

remember cut-scenes always look awesome, even in PS2, that doesn’t mean the the actual real time gameplay will look that good… I hope it has the potential though :D