DCUO Smallville alert trailered, detailed in entirety

Friday, 21st January 2011 13:06 GMT By Patrick Garratt

dcuosuper

The PS Blog’s just posted pretty much a full walkthrough of the DC Universe Online’s Smallville alert, as you can see after the break. Don’t watch it if you’re actually planning on playing it: it sort of completely spoils the whole instance.

The MMO’s out now for PS3 and PC.

1. KAP

Haha, this game is seriously amazing. Im lv20 so far and i havent even scratched the surface yet let alone dealt with alerts.

Not had this much fun with this kind of game in ages. And with news like this it just gets better and better.

2. blackdreamhunk

The game from pc gamer point of view is a basic mmo. It lacks immersion like the other mmos. Where is the crafting? the game does not feel like a living breathing world. I can’t see my self paying monthly for this game.

If I want a mmo I will stick to guild wars 2,kotor and the new blizzard mmo.

funny there is not a lot of reviews yet about the game. I can’t see this game lasting for a very long time. It has no real end game content.

the game feels like a normal button smashing action game. The only thing I really like about dc on-line is the story and fact everything is voiced.

dc online vs champions online

champion online

dc online

better graphics
    better story
    everything is voiced
    in game voice chat

3. blackdreamhunk

If I was to give dc online a review I would give it 7 out 10. It’s not a bad game but it’s not the best mmo out there.

The MMO lacks Immersion and feels like a major step backwards in the mmo genre.

It feels like the game devs don’t know what they are doing.

4. DarkElfa

My thoughts exactly BDH. I played the beta and the first day I was like “hell yeah!”, the second day I was like “meh” and then never played it again. Plus, none of my guild mates would touch it due to Sony Online’s involvement whom they never forgave for the Star Wars Galaxies’ debacle.

5. OlderGamer

This game is on my list of games to look into. I am still on the fence. I guess what I really want is Diablo III, Tourchlight II, and Guild Wars 2. But DCUO might fill the gap while I wait.

6. OlderGamer

I am also looking at Rift. A bit worried it looks like might be alright but it doesn’t really impress beyond the char development system – that looks nice.