Square Enix nabs Final Fantasy XIII-2 domain name

Thursday, 13th January 2011 03:12 GMT By Brenna Hillier

20110113ffxiii2

Square Enix has thrown the cat among the fanboy pigeons by quietly registering the domain name “FinalFantasy13-2game.com” – cue rampaging delight, outraged horror and wild speculation.

Another bit of super-sleuthing from superannuation
(via RPG Site) turned up the domain name registration, still fresh from its January 11 birth.

Superannuation noted that the registering body, Corporation Service Company, was also behind Square Enix’s Mindjack.com domain – and Unofficial Final Fantasy Site did a little snooping of their own to turn up three more Square Enix registrations from the same firm, for Nier, Front Mision Evolved, and Gun Loco.

It doesn’t mean anything, of course… Or, yes, it could mean Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be announced at an upcoming Square Enix event next week. Square Enix have made one other direct sequel to a core FF release – Final Fantasy X-2.

Thanks for the tip, Alex!

[Update]: Oh alright then, AND Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. And half a dozen non-direct sequels, mobile games, spin-offs, and tie-in cartoons and films.

1. Erthazus

Oh… No…. Please, don’t do this shit again…

The only thing that was right about FFXIII is Battle system. It’s brilliant and in some point even revolutionary.

But everything else belongs to the toilet.

2. Rosseu

The only thing I liked about the game was it was beautiful and lengthy. That’s it. I liked the battle system of FF12 better though

3. Dralen

You never know, it might be good, stranger things have happened.

4. Elven_Star

More of FFXIII’s great battle system, beautiful graphics and nice story/setting? Sounds too good to be true.

5. lexph3re

Yeah. The only thing I honestly hated. About. Ff13. Was. The characters. The only. Ones that appealed to me were vanille and fang. The others sucked including lightning. In fact, she pissed me off how she was always the first jumping head first into battle! I wanted to choke that hoe

6. Johnny Cullen

I swear to God, anyone spoils FFXIII in here, I will kill you. I’m still to finish it.

7. Psychotext

The angst filled teenager wins. Game over.

8. Johnny Cullen

NOOOOO! */bans*

9. Blerk

:-D

They were doing FFXIII PS3 pre-owned at Argos for £2.99 the other day.

10. Suikoden Fan

13 should not have sequal, 8 or 9 should

11. lexph3re

An 8 sequel wouldn’t make much sence to me. It seems like 8 was wrapped up pretty nicely. 9 I can’t remember the ending that’s why I’m playing it again on my psp and as for 13 I’m not gonna lie I wouldn’t mind a sequal as long as they take out snow and sahz ass. I’m usually all for black characters but sahz was a N****. I would’ve took barrets ass over him.

A grown up hope trained by lightning would be cool. And DAMN YOU Johnny for still playing this game! Can I warn for spoiler then discuss the ending with suik please?

12. Michael O’Connor

FINAL FANTASY VIII-2: THE ANGST STRIKES BACK!

Also, Aeris dies.