James Cameron is impressed with Crysis 2 in 3D, says Crytek

Thursday, 13th January 2011 19:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

crysis21

Crytek has said film director James Cameron has seen Crysis 2 running in 3D and is apparently impressed with it.

Speaking with Edge, Cevat Yerli said such a compliment makes him confident Crysis 2 will be “a super-high-end 3D experience on all formats”. Yerli went on to say that the firm’s upcoming shooter was not the first time the team has delved into 3D tech, as it began working on a project two and a half years ago that was “exclusively in stereoscopic 3D”.

“A lot of this knowledge is now in the Crysis 2 3D experience,” he said. “That’s why we have, in my opinion, a benchmark 3D implementation. I’ll even claim it’s the same as Avatar’s status in 3D.

“James Cameron has seen Crysis 2, and he loved what he saw because his eyes are trained for 3D more than anyone else’s, and that makes me confident that we have a super-high-end 3D experience on all formats.”

When asked how Cameron happened to get at look at Crysis 2, Yerli slyly replied: “that’s another story.”

Crysis 2 releases on March 22 in the US and March 25 in Europe for PS3, 360 and PC. The latest screens for it can be found here.

1. YoungZer0

Tell us the other story.

2. mattrobbo670

well once upon a time james cameron was payed some money to indorse a generic sci fi fps and say he liked the 3D

3. LePlatypus

It’s a good job that the creator of 3D thinks that Crysis 2 in 3D is good.

4. lexph3re

I honestly want to here more dev talk on the ps3 version since that one is the biggest threat of failure. I read one dev journal where crytek stated the comparisons of the versions to be small. And, how one moment ps3 looked great then the next 360 looked better. They were apparently bouncing back and fourth. I wanna know if they either a evened them out or b one is better then the other. And I want to hear this from the devs.

Pc is a given for superior version being that you can adjust resolution so that I don’t care about.

5. spiderLAW

I will have this on PC…..but i also want a console version so im gonna wait and see how much the differences are between the versions. PS3 would be my choice if the differences are small BUT if 360′s comes out far superior, 360 it is.

6. Erthazus

“see how much the differences are between the versions”

if you have 8600 geforce there will be no fucking difference.

Crysis 2 is meant to be played with GTX 460-470 or higher. With Direct X 11.

7. lexph3re

*cough* talking about consoles here erth. Not pc, we already know that

8. spiderLAW

yes erth, im talking about console version. I know PC will be God-Like graphically -_-
    And no, i wont be using 8600. I will be using a 470 exactly lol.

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Hey Erthazus, I know your knowledgeable with computers, I have a EVGA GeForce GTX465 1GB GDDR5 card, but running XP-Pro so can’t currenlty utilize DX11.

Any opinions of this card with Crysis or Crysis 2?

Thx!

(p.s. Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4GHz, 4GB PC5300 DDR2)

10. albo88

we all knowed that pc version will be sick that’s why i new ill buy the new ati 6870

11. G1GAHURTZ

This game is shaping up nicely to be totally average!

12. Maximum Unreal

@9 Your card is going to be just fine,but you maybe want to overclock cpu to 3.0 ghz you will get better performance.