PlayStation app now live for iOS, Android

Tuesday, 11th January 2011 14:14 GMT By Johnny Cullen

playstation_logo

Sony’s gone live with the promised PlayStation App for iPhone and Android which it announced before Christmas.

The app will allow you to keep up to date with your trophies as well as your friends, read the latest news from the EU PS Blog and more.

You can get it here from iTunes. It’s free.

1. theevilaires

About fucking time. Lets check this bad boy out shall we :D

2. KAP

Hmmm.. Great app so far, obviously room for improvement but that’s what updates are for. Well done Sony.
    Never thought i’d ever say that.

3. Dralen

@1 +1

4. Crysis

I have never once synced my trophies, don’t know how many i have. frankly font care either, Sony really should have a better Online interface by now, I admit that i like the PS store much more than XBL’s, but everything else is awfully clunky, I can’t click on a friend to join his game, just simple things like that need a massive overhaul.

5. earlyrock

I wish they would let the PSN API go free for sites to use trophy info and game tracking. It really bugs me. I mean, its not exactly the Colonel Sanders secret chicken recipe.

On another note, I love the app.

6. Yoshi

I wish Steam did something like this and allowed chat on your phone that would be sexual!

7. Crysis

Hmm, does SCEE operate in Australia? I mean i know there is Sony Computer Entertainment Australia, but we have virtually the same PSN, not to mention games are normally released on the same date, i mention this because it’s apparently only available in Europe.

8. Yoshi

Sorry for the double post, stupid thing said it didn’t work :/

9. mingtons ghost

Just downloading!!!!

um, whats the point in this :/

i think i need more PSN friends

10. Crysis

@9, What’s the point in anything? We do anything because, well because we can :)

11. freedoms_stain

@6, there are a few Steam apps on the Android market, but all they can do is show you your Game Library, your Friends list and their status. No Chat as Valve haven’t released an api for it.

12. Quiiick

Unfortunately the Playstation app is not available on every iTunes Store!
    Switzerland has been left out so far … :(

13. lexph3re

You can still download it though right? I live in america and I’m using it. Its not bad I see all my friends online and what their playing can compare trophies and look at their profiles. Disappointed they didn’t have a function for sending messages yet to your friends. And another friend of mine confirmed it doesn’t show your online.

I think the later versions will be good by release. But that’s why we also have fw upgrades right?lol

14. joseangelhe

Why can’t I find it in the US Android market? :-/

15. lexph3re

Simple answer. Its not there, playstation lifestyle has a link for the download