MSI debuts mega gaming notebooks GT680 and GT780 at CES

Wednesday, 5th January 2011 17:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

MSI GT680

During CES, MSI unveiled its new line of notebooks, the G series, which it claims are “the fastest, most powerful gaming notebooks in the world”.

The notebook contains Intel i7 quad core processors, NVIDIA GTX 500 and 400 graphics cards, USB 3.0 ports and 16GB of DDR3 RAM. The G series even contains a Turbo Boost Engine which “instantly throttles up system speeds”, according to MSI.

It even has a lovely orange glow to it and a touch-pad off-center instead of dead-center. The all important W, S, D, and A keys are even colored-in for better visual punching.

The base cost of the notebook is $1499 (£968), and the 15.6 inch GT680 is out this month. The GT780, a big 17.3 incher, will hit retail sometime during Q2 2011.

You can get more information on the lovely machine here.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Erthazus

Sexy stuff.

16GB of DDR3 RAM?

Holy. My PC have only 8GB of Ram.

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Yeah, 16GB of RAM is insane on a desktop, let alone laptop. $1499 is not bad at all for these crazy specs!

3. Suikoden Fan

i’m fucking impressed the only downside is it would be almost impossible to upgrade the insides without wrecking it

4. Stephany Nunneley

Makes me wanna chuck my ASUS to the curb even more

5. Dralen

I wonder why they chose to have the touch pad left of the centre? I usually use my right hand.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I just noticed, USB3.0. I didn’t even know USB3.0 was a reality yet!

7. Erthazus

@6 GIGABYTE and ASUS make these motherboards since last year already.

USB 3.0 is cool stuff. “SuperSpeed” bus feature is incredible.

8. theevilaires

USB 3.0 is faster but I was expecting faster transfer speeds from it. Still better than 2.0 though by miles.