Fri, Dec 10, 2010 | 11:52 GMT
GT5 ships 5.5 million units worldwide, series surpasses 60 million units shipped
Sony’s just announced Gran Turismo 5 has shipped 5.5 million units as of this past Monday, with the series as a whole passing 60 million units shipped.
GT5 launched on November 26 worldwide for PS3, and had been seen as one of the most anticipated titles this generation despite countless delays.
The majority of GT5 copies shipped come from Europe, where it shipped 3.5 million units. North America shipped 1.2 million units and Japan shipped 550k.
Last night, it was revealed the racer had charted into number eight in the software charts for last month in the US, according to NPD.
Full breakdown of shipping numbers for each game in the series is below.
- Gran Turismo – 10.98 million Worldwide
- Gran Turismo 2 – 9.34 million
- Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec – 14.80 million
- Gran Turismo Concept 2001 – 1.50 million
- Gran Turismo 4: Prologue – 1.34 million
- Gran Turismo 4 – 10.86 million
- Gran Turismo 5: Prologue – 5.03 million
- Gran Turismo PSP – 2.24 million
- Gran Turismo 5 – 5.52 million