Two Worlds II gets firm release date for US

Wednesday, 8th December 2010 15:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

twoworlds2

After a few delays, Two Worlds II has finally been given a solid January 2011 release date for the US.

Already confirmed for a UK release on January 25, the US will get it the same day.

Two Worlds II is already out in Europe and according to TopWare, the sold one million units during its first three weeks of release.

Southpeak will publish it in the US, and TopWare self-publish in the UK and Ireland.

Thanks, BigDownload.

1. SaintRasmus

Its actually a pretty good RPG game.

2. OrbitMonkey

@1 I keep hearing that. The original wasn’t well received, is this such a improvement? Plus is it coming to ps3?

3. Gekidami

^ It came out on PS3 in Europe.

4. OlderGamer

I don’t buy as many new full priced games as I would like, just can’t stretch the wallet anymore further. But I will have this one on the list.

The first one was poorly done and rough around the edges. But it was one of those games(IMO) that was fun to play. I enjoyed it far more then Oblivion tbh. Some of the things they tried to just worked better, like their targeting system(In Obliv, I always kept hitting allies on acident). And where as Obliv was a slow moving deep story driven game, TW had a nice pick it up and play it feel.

Long story short I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to this game. I hear it is far more polished then the first one was too.

5. Erthazus

I played it. It’s not a very good game.

Very good visuals, interesting world. But quests, battle system and everything else just absolute mediocre at best.
    If you are a super RPG hardcore fan, maybe you will enjoy it somehow.

If you want good RPG this year, better go with Drakensang: The River Of Time.

6. MushroomStamp

@OG, I agree. I rather enjoyed the first. The multiplayer component was crap but I enjoyed the single player. Liked it better than Oblivion as well.

7. Uncontested

from what ive heard the euros say this is a good game i.ll be getting it for sure

8. Moonwalker1982

@ 5

I highly disagree with that. The game starts off slow but eventually its addictive as hell and awesome too. It’s a world of difference compared to TWI. The battle system is actually one of the best out there when it comes to RPG games. I have no idea which RPG has a better realtime combat system than this. On console that is. I only play on consoles.

The quests are fine, there’s plenty of variety in these quests if you ask me. And the MP mode is surprisingly good, i couldn’t believe how enjoyable the adventure mode actually was. Fine game really.