Steam Thanksgiving Sale is on, Valve to hand out games to 30 users until Nov. 30

Wednesday, 24th November 2010 20:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

steamlogo

Valve has sent over a lovely email announcing its Steam’s “Give & Get” Sale, which starts today and ends Tuesday, November 30.

Each day during the sale there will be huge savings on featured games and large game packs as well as a a nice gift from Valve to lucky Steam users.

During each day of the sale, Valve will award 30 users with the top five games on their wishlists.  To become eligible to win the games, simply load up your wishlist with ten or more items on Steam and cross your fingers.

We’re doing this as we type.

As far as the deals are concerned, thanks to a heads-up from our friends over on BigDownload, today you can get Prototype for $14.99, Shank for $10.04, Counter-Strike Source for $5,  Alpha Protocol for $7.50 and the third season of Sam and Max for $10.50.

There’s also an indie game bundle featuring Brainpipe, Galcon Fusion, Gridrunner Revolution, ProtoGalaxy and Quantz for $4.99.

You can also get R.U.S.E. for $33.49, Borderlands for $9.99 (not the GotY version) and the Deus Ex Invisible War bundle for $4.99, or $2.49 for each game individually.

Sales are great.

1. Maxey

Check out my list:

2. absolutezero

Im starting to dread these sales coming around because I take a look at whats there and then realise I own everything already.

I buy too many games. I own everything in todays list apart from some of the indie bundle games because they are mostly inter-changable and the Sam and Max series because they are mostly inter-changable.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Here’s mine: http://twitpic.com/39tunf

4. Suikoden Fan

my actual top 10 doesnt show in the steam top ten, my number one is kings bounty crossworlds but that doesnt even show when on the steam page

5. freedoms_stain

AGGHHHHH fuck you 1 and 3! you’ve complicated things by adding pre-release titles! I never thought of that.

6. Stephany Nunneley

@5 Hey! Watch yo’ mouff! :D

7. freedoms_stain

My top 5 is now:

New Vegas
    Witcher 2
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Portal 2
    RAGE

I know I don’t have a hope in hell anyway.

Sorry Steph :(