Microsoft: Core Kinect titles to be aired in 2011

Friday, 12th November 2010 11:07 GMT By Patrick Garratt

natal3

UK Xbox boss Steve McGill’s told CVG that both “adventure” and “horror” games will be shown for Kinect in 2011.

“Obviously back in September at the Tokyo Game Show we announced a whole range of incredible games really targeted to core gamers that are going to be dedicated to Kinect – adventure games, horror games etc,” he said.

“We’ll start showing more of those in 2011. 2011 is going to be an amazing year for gamers both on Kinect and normal controller-based games for Xbox 360. I think there’s something for everyone.”

He also trotted out Kudo’s now tried and tested assertion that Kinect’s launch titles, while casual, provide “deep” gameplay experiences.

“I think whilst these games at launch are incredibly accessible to start with, they have a lot of depth. So things like Dance Central and Kinect Sports particularly are great examples. The developers know how to service core gamers as much as casual audiences,” he said.

“There’s a lot of depth there when you scratch the surface and actually get in to it – the nuances, the level of finessing you have to do when you’re on Joy Ride drifting around corners, or going for high scores on Dance Central and trying to get all the Achievements in Kinect Sports.

“You’re going to have to be a blooming good gamer to be able to do those things.”

Kinect launched in the US on November 4 and the UK on November 10.

1. Chris2pher_Jack

No benefits from being an early adopter, none what so ever…

2. Blerk

There never are, are there? For anything.

3. Chris2pher_Jack

@2, well the original PS3 had backwards compatibility, only way to get it now is buying it preowned. Then again, at the original price, you could have bought 2 new PS2s & bought a ps3 later down the road for the same price.

4. StolenGlory

@3 The original PS3′s back compat was ropey at best.

Especially so in comparison to our US cousins.

5. cookiejar

By that time, if the thing is sub £100 with a game or two thrown in, I might even consider it :)

6. manamana

@Blerk there are a few:
    I enjoy my iPad every single day and night since its release. There will be better ones next year, since than, I have a very good working tablet at hand.

Got me a Nikon D700 in its first week: its my workhorse along with the soon to get 3Ds. Both (especially the D700) cameras will see a successor in a few years. Till than I’m earning a lot of money with those beasts! Thinking of it, I had most of my SLRs pretty early on … GF1 with 1,7/20 also …

And, and, and – oh well, you are right. There are only few benefits. ^_^

7. CptKurk

Is this why I have to put up with icky zombies everywhere? Because ‘horror games’ are associated with ‘core gamers’? What about wimpy core gamers like myself?