Mon, Oct 25, 2010 | 10:54 BST
The Blizzcon 2010 round-up of death – Diablo III, WoW: Cataclysm, StarCraft II, more
Well. That was a whole lot of fun.
Blizzard was banging the big news drum over the weekend in Anaheim, California, bringing us a massive blowout on Diablo III, the first major update since the game’s reveal in Paris two years ago.
Not to be outdone, though, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm got one final showing before its December 7 release.
And we also got more on StarCraft II, including first details and art on the next part of its story, Heart of the Swarm.
There was even mention of Blizzard’s secret MMO.
Hit up everything from this past weekend below. The big bits are bolded.
- Blizzcon 2010 starts today – opening ceremony is go
- Blizzard announces new StarCraft II custom mods
- Morhaime: WoW: Cataclysm to be downloadable
- Final Diablo III class is the demon hunter – awesome new trailer inside
- PvP battle arenas confirmed for Diablo III – first screens, video and info
- BlizzCon 2010 Diablo panel: “97 billion builds per class,” more about Demon Hunter
- New Blizzard MMO not likely to be announced until 2012, says Pardo
- Metzen on WoW movie: “We are going to do it right”
- Blizzard: “Waves and waves” of new StarCraft II features to come out before Heart of the Swarm
- Blizzard DOTA to be a “larger” project than other mods, release “further out”
- SCII: Heart of the Swarm won’t be ready until after 2011
- Blizzard: Diablo III “way over half-way” done
- Blizzard: “We’d happily put a game on console if it played well on console”
- Diablo III – 20 minutes of awesome demon hunter, PvP footage
- Blizzard confirms Diablo III beta
- First Heart of the Swarm concept art gets shown off
- Blizzard mentions fourth WoW expansion, will be “pretty f’ing awesome”
- Blizzard still making “significant changes” to SCII story arc
- Blizzcon: Diablo III demon hunter, PvP impressions round-up