Remedy seeks producer for “AAA project,” lists 360 as only platform

Tuesday, 19th October 2010 16:26 GMT By Johnny Cullen

alanwake4

Yeah. When you post a job listing looking for a producer for a “AAA console project” and the only platform listed is 360 and you’ve stated time after time you want to make a sequel to a game you’ve just released on the same console then people might start to talk.

Remedy’s posted up a Gama job listing, looking for a producer on its next project: a “AAA console project” for 360.

While no one knows what this is, the natural assumption will be that it’s Alan Wake 2.

Remedy’s made it no secret it wants to do a sequel, but hasn’t announced the game.

The closest there’s been to an definite was an interview with the Finnish developer in August.

“With Microsoft Game Studios it’s Xbox exclusive, or it’s Xbox and PC,” the studio’s head of franchise Oskari Hakkinen said.

“For both our publisher Microsoft and for Remedy, we’re still in a launch phase [for Alan Wake 1].”

Despite less than expected sales for the game in the US, Remedy still remains optimistic about the future of the IP, saying it does “have legs.”

“The word of mouth phenomenon is very apparent with Alan Wake. There has been a growing interest in the title and it certainly seems to ‘have legs’ to sustain,” Hakkinen told VG247 in July.

Alan Wake released back in May for Xbox 360 after five years in development, with two DLC episodes, The Signal and The Writer, following.

1. Erthazus

Alan Wake II at E3 2011? :D

2. choochoo

Remedy seeks producer for “AAA project. Well makes sence i guess after all xbox360 is the only console which has the highest rated AAA games library FACT.

3. Blerk

I’d be up for some more Alan Wake. Even if most other people don’t seem to care.

4. Psychotext

I’d like to see it, especially now they can concentrate more on content and less on technical issues.

5. Debabrata Nath

The fact the The Writer is their last DLC for Alan Wake already confirms that a sequel is in development. How?

Finish it and you will know! :)

6. No_PUDding

@2 Since we’ve got a Microsoft Rep right here, wondered if you’d like to talk about not commenting on rumour and speculation.

7. DJ Deathstar

Yeah even gives you a possible subtitle for the game! I hope this is Alan Wake 2 and i’m sure it will be, loved the first and the dlc, one of the few games that i’ve actually cared about the story other that an RPG

8. Sleazy Bastard

Alan Wake and Conviction were two 360 exclusives (no need to say Conviction was on PC) that I had interest but was waiting for them to get really cheap at Amazon or ShopTo. I bought Conviction last week for 13£ and Alan Wake follows next, probably before Christmas. It’s getting cheaper and cheaper.

9. Gekidami

See you in another 6 years then?

10. No_PUDding

I wonder if PS3 will get Conviction?

Was Conviction a buy? I read tons of mixed press. But I’d like to try it.

11. Erthazus

@10 conviction a buy? Don’t even try it. Good visuals, absolutely bad gameplay and story. Your choice.

12. DJ Deathstar

From the people i know who have it, they all say its really good, maybe a bit easy but still really good. I keep meaning to pick it up myself now its £13

13. Johnny Cullen

Pud – Buy it. I recomend it.

I absolutely loved it.

One of my top ten games of this year.

14. Gadzooks!

Conviction has a fun romp of a campaign with some nice level design, but the real meat is in deniable ops, IMO.

Like Rainbow 6 Terrorist hunt, only good! ;)

15. Erthazus

I liked only coop, but thats it. It’s very easy and not like old Splinter Cell games.

and they borrowed a lot from Uncharted 1.

16. Happy Hardon Harry

Remedy have lost the plot. The sales of Alan Wake on the 360 should have rung alarm bells. Thank their ignorance for that i.e releasing their IP on a single platform, sigh…how stupid can a developer be.

Also, Alan Wake wasn’t triple A. It was fucking shite, a run-of-the-mill adventure title, hence the poor sales.

17. alimokrane

Alan Wake, my so far GAME OF THE YEAR for 2010! and I dont care what anyone thinks of that. GIVE ME THE SEQUEL BABY!!

18. Gadzooks!

Not sure about GOTY for me, but Alan Wake was certainly one of the high points of the year. It was very atmospheric, the town had real character, and it was a truly beautiful game to look at.

19. Sleazy Bastard

@10 It’s definitely worth the 15€ that some web shops are offering. It has a nice gameplay, just different from previous Splinter Cell games. As most games, it doesn’t have a story that will be engraved on your brain forever but it’s better than a lot of other games in the same action/military thriller genre because it has a more personal side to it and it’s told in a rather engaging way.

20. Bremenacht

Excellent game. As entertaining as say, Uncharted 2.

21. artursz1993

very good game, repect for that it’s XBOX ONLY! I will buy ALAN WAKE 2 when it releases!

22. lexph3re

@21 geez. You got shout? I don’t think anyone really cares about the exclusive factor but as to will this title be appreciated as an exclusive by its consumers. Alan wake is possibly the only exclusive that caught my eye for 360 and I was considering buying a used 70$ core just for that game. But it goes against my rule in gaming. In console I buy has to have 5 exclusives that catch my eye. So maybe ill borrow someones 360 to play this or alan wake 2 IF that is what this. Title is they are speaking about

23. AHA-Lambda

meh i’ve given you all the chances i was willing to give remedy, alan wake for me was soo disappointing and i just don’t care anymore whether or not a sequel is made

24. Moonwalker1982

@9, i doubt that, cause they now got their lead platform decided and also the engine out there, unless they wanna build a new engine. I wonder, what made Remedy delay Alan Wake for so long?

25. cookiejar

Didn’t get on with Alan Wake. Nice idea, just didn’t like it much. Probably sequel worthy, though.

26. Prof.Dr.Moertel

Let´s bet they are developing AW2 the next 3 or 4 years and then they release it as XboxNo.3 launch title

27. manamana

@moon They started to promote this title as a highend PC game and then get caught by M$. Eventually they must’ve rewritten the complete code and squeez it into xbox dimensions. And don’t forget that Remedy is a small developer, with maybe twenty people.

Besides, I love this game. Not for the repetitive gameplay. But for the atmosphere, the town, characters and story. Have I really to mention Berry as a Xmastree? Or the superb soundtrack?

Remedy must survive as a developer, this game was do or die for them. And now they have the engine ready to build a proper sequel and hopefully put some time into refining the cluncky mocaps…

28. Prof.Dr.Moertel

@24 Because it was planned as open world PC game before. And then they changed the plans and made a whole different game.
    And just as manama siad: They have to survive. It´s a pretty unique dev for these days

29. Kuwabara

By the time it comes out on xbox, alan wake would have been released on the ps3.

30. lexph3re

@29 doubtful, I don’t think remedy understand the ps3 software enough and or would try to understand it to make alan wake multi-plat. I’m sure the main reason alan wake is for pc is strictly because 360 is closer to pc specs in terms of development.

31. sennasnit

32. JonFE

I’d love more Alan Wake… Make it so, Remedy and add some clever light/darkness puzzles, while you are at it, to spice things up :)