Crazy Taxi re-releasing on November 24

Wednesday, 13th October 2010 06:27 GMT By Patrick Garratt

crazytaxi

Crazy Taxi will re-release on XBLA and PSN on November 24 in Europe, Sega said this morning, with the classic hitting the US PSN on November 23.

It’ll cost you 800 Microsoft points or $9.99/£6.29/€7.99/AU$12.95.

Updates include 720p graphics and a 16:9 aspect ratio. Leaderboards and such have also been added.

Crazy Taxi involves driving from point to point, delivering fares. The “crazy” part involves jumping off things, crashing into things and going quickly. It’s mental.

The game is the second Dreamcast-era title Sega’s putting out this holiday: Sonic Adventure has already been released.

1. Blerk

Would I be inviting a negative reaction from the Internets if I mentioned that I never really liked Crazy Taxi?

2. ManicMarvin

I hope it MAKES SOME CRAZY MONEY!

3. metamorphic

@Blerk: Sorry to break your bubble mate, but no one gives a fuck.

One of my all-time faves from the Dreamcast. Now, how about some Shenmue, Sega?

4. Blerk

Shenmue was shit too. And the Dreamcast. And Sega. And metamorphic. ;-)

5. elronathon

I adore Crazy Taxi, I even quite liked the second one – where they introduced the *gasp* jump button!

This was one of my most played arcade games, then when I got a DC one of my most played DC games. The challenges were excellent fun and incredibly hard. They went a serious way to expanding what could otherwise have been a fairly short lived experience. Similar in style to the Flag-man challenges in Outrun 2.

Do we know if this has the 2nd city still? Also I heard a rumor that this wasn’t going to feature the original soundtrack…anyone know if this is true?

I know, I know, The Offspring, but it sure did fit the general atmosphere of the game.

Sega seemed to rule the arcade when I was a teenager.

6. Gheritt White

I *love* Crazy Taxi – one of my all-time fave arcade games. DO WANT!

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Cool! One of my fav’s from back in the day. Glad to hear it’s getting 16:9 update as Sonic Adventure did not. I’ll DEFINITLEY be buying this day one!!!