Course maker video for GT5 released

Tuesday, 12th October 2010 23:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

gt5ferrari

A video showing off the course maker in Gran Turismo 5 has been released, and it’s below the break.

Basically a track editor, it allows players to set parameters to create a track along with themes and defined sectors using a slider like the frequency of curves, bank angles, turn sharpness, and environmental features.

It looks and sounds rather neat.

Watch on, courtesy of GameStop.

GT5 is out November 2 in the US and November 3 in Europe.

Thanks, Syrok.

1. No_PUDding

So it’s a course generator… Not a create your own course.

P.S are those 2D crowds?

2. Psychotext

Yes, and yes until you get a certain distance from them.

3. No_PUDding

So this game is gonna be such a ridiculously mixed bag.

Each race/feature will be a mixture ‘WOW’, and ‘EWW’.

4. Psychotext

Game development is all about compromise in some areas, surely. It’s just in this case that the major quantities of WOW will make the EWW a little more obvious.

5. No_PUDding

That makes me feel OKAY. I’d prefer feel WOW all the way though.

P.S I also feel LOL

6. Psychotext

I feel STFU.

7. No_PUDding

You look it too.

8. Psychotext

/checks mirror

No doubt.

9. DSB

That’s pretty amazing, generator or no.

But those engine sounds… What the hell?

Whether it’s a succes to me is going to come down to how well the AI works, and whether there’s any challenge left once you start tuning. That’s what eventually started to bore me with every other GT in the past. I wouldn’t know the handling of a Fiat 500 from a Porsche 911 Turbo anyway.

Chances are I’m buying a PS3 in January though, and this will definitely be at the top of my list.

And “Mild Lyrics”? Oh, ESRB, you crazy kook. I enterpret that to mean “Careful, this isn’t black metal” – Thanks for the warning ESRB, I’ll be sure to react accordingly!

10. onlineatron

Just bought this via shopto.

‘Oh, enjoy onlinetron’ I here you say?

NAY

I forgot my dad’s birthday (because I’m a cunt of the highest degree) and have just paid through the nose to make it up to him.

11. itsucks

playing in FPS View makes you realize how dated the tracks look, should’ve been release ages ago.

12. mathare92

Surely you can modify the course more than that.

Anyway, don’t see myself using the feature that much tbh. Just want the Top Gear track :D.

13. OlderGamer

I think it is neat that it does that, but really, I was looking forward to more of a track designer. Not all together bad, but still just wanted more. At thispoint if the game just comes out when it should I think most people will be happy with that.

14. 2plus2equals5