Duke Nukem Forever demo key included with Borderlands GOTY purchase

Tuesday, 5th October 2010 18:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

duke3

2K has announced that those who purchase the Game of the Year Edition of Borderlands will receive a membership to the Duke Nukem First Access Club, giving purchasers a key to an early playable demo of Duke Nukem Forever.

The key will also provide users with a “wealth of goodies”.

No word on what the extra goodies are, or when the demo will be made available, but it will be released “prior to the retail launch of the game” in 2011.

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition ships on October 12 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 and includes all four bits of DLC.

Awesome.

1. Razor

Sneaky bastards.

2. mojo

1, exactly my thoughts..

3. AHA-Lambda

ah goddamnit!

4. onlineatron

FUCK YOU GEARBOX!

I bought Borderlands at launch, loved it, played it to death and this is how you repay me, by giving people who didn’t have faith enough to purchase it within the year a demo to DUKE FUCKING FOREVER!

I am sadface :(

5. Erthazus

And Randy Pitchford said: “Lets give the game to the gamers”…

Aha, ya think, son of the motherduck?

Now they will delay the game and milk the shit out of it.

Borderlands GOTY Edition: 1 level of the game
    Borderlands SUPER GOTY Edition: 2 level of the Duke game
    Borderlands: ELITE SPECIAL Edition: 3 level of the game

and e.t.c.

6. El_MUERkO

I already own Borderlands and all the DLC (holding off on playing the Claptrap DLC till the level increase patch) so I’d hope there will be other ways to get the demo.

7. Stephany Nunneley

@6 I am sure there will be, thus the “First Access Club” and “early playable demo” listed as the GOTY incentive.

Just some will get to play it earlier than others. Probably not by much either. I’d say a week or two at the most. I’m not a very good psychic though.

8. Lord Gremlin

Fine, I will buy Borderlands GOTY for PS3 for this demo alone.

I hate you Gearbox. You’ve managed to make me buy a game I don’t want.

9. Stephany Nunneley

@8 It is a rather fun game. Honest, and I am not a massive shooter fan.

10. DSB

I liked Borderlands. It was like they took an average shooter and stripped away any notion of story and gimmicks beyond the little class system.

Refreshing stuff. Instead of failing at a lot of things, it just succeeded in a select few.

There’s still no fucking way I’m buying the whole thing all over again just to get my hands on a demo though.

11. BeLGaRaTh

But why should late adopters get preferential treatment whereas those of us who have bought the original game and all of the DLC be forced to wait? Let’s reward the ones who want to buy the game for nothing more than getting the demo, rather than reward those who have supported us from the beginning!!!

12. Erthazus

For me Borderlands was solid. If i tried playing it without friend i would never finish that game.

Very interesting mechanics, but too repetitive.

13. DSB

@11 Capitalism, dude. They already got your money, you’re not important anymore :P

14. Freek

It’ll be exclusive for two weeks or something, then everbody gets it.
    That’s always how these things go.

15. Blerk

Borderlands was bloody great! Who cares about a smelly Duke demo, you should be buying Borderlands again! :-D