Eurogamer Expo 2010 sees 20,000 attendees

Monday, 4th October 2010 17:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

egexpo2010

EG’s announced 20,000 attendees were out in force for this past weekend’s Eurogamer Expo.

Friday’s opening day saw an attendance of 3,000 getting inside Earls Court within 45 minutes of opening to the public, with press getting a two head-start beforehand.

This year’s show saw Brink, LittleBigPlanet 2, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3, Fable III, Dead Space 2 and more all playable, as well as first UK airings for Zelda: Skyward Sword, Gears of War 3 and more.

This year’s developer sessions consisted of Eidos Montreal, CD Projekt, Sucker Punch, Ninja Theory and Guerrilla Games, as well as the much anticipated session from Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux.

The event will be back next year. Naturally.

Read our coverage from Eurogamer Expo 2010 here.

1. onlineatron

The Zelda set-up was bull.

One booth behind a black curtain.

I was around the Nintendo booth for Kirby (fantastic game) within the first 30 mins on Sunday. Saw a rep come out and tell the queue that Zelda would be a 2hour wait!

Whilst people were waiting for that I saw Kirby, Donkey Kong, the Motorstorm panel and the Enslaved panel!

2. Fin

Yeah, Zelda was bullshit. One unit? Shrouded? Fuck that, I’ve better things to do.

3. Golden

I had a great day on Friday. Hardly have to wait to play anything, the longest was for motorstorm in 3D.
    Wow, 3D really is the future of gaming and I’ve been gaming since my C16 back in 87. Sadly its going to be a very long time until the Golden household will fork out for a 3D telly. Is Sony committing resources to something that just doesnt have the consumer base?

Anyway top marks to Eurogamer, a boyhood dream come true. Now I just need Mad Lizzie from TV-AM to fulfill that last wish.

4. Marx n Engels

I was working on the door when it opened Saturday – about 4 thousand people came in in the first hour and a half. Great time though :-D

5. manamana

Hey Golden, when you mentioned the C16 my heart was beating faster. This and the VC20 brought me where I am now … amazing shit, really. Everytime I am reminded, is a good time. :-)

6. onlineatron

@Golden

Motorstorm: Apocalypse really made me want a 3D tv too.

I played Killzone 3 first and wasn’t too impressed by the effect (the game it’s self was great), but then I played MS and was blown away by the 3D!

7. Johnny Cullen

Yeah, Motorstorm’s mint in 3D, having played it at gamescom.

8. xino

hope next year will be bigger!
    and if it does, expect EGE to be just like Pax, Gamescom but not TGS, GDC of EEE3 style.