The Marvel vs Capcom 3 roster so far – only two left to go this round

Saturday, 2nd October 2010 22:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

mvc3

Capcom has a really nice roster of characters planned for Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, and with the recent additions of Wesker, Spider-Man, X-23 and Tron Bonne added to the mix, it leaves only two more characters to be revealed.

So, with all the information on new characters floating around out there, we thought we’d make a list to keep things easy until the other half are revealed.

Check out the known characters for each side so far below, along with pictures of each:

Marvel

• Morrigan
  • Ryu
  • Trish
  • Tron Bonne
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Wesker

This leaves one for each side still to be revealed for the time being if we are looking at the roster on the official website in a proper manner.

Place your bets on whether Frank “God Damn” West will be added to the mix or not.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is slated for spring 2011 on PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. Gekidami

I’d be really disappointed if the game only had 24 characters.

I’ll take a guess and say that the next 2 are Frank “Covered wars y’know” West and Venom.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I’m sure there will be more, after they are finished teasing us to death with the initial 24.

3. The_Red

Worse than disappointing. Not only characters like Punisher and Ghost Rider or not there, the total number of characters is insanely low.

4. RETARDED VIKING

They better have Venom! he was one of my best characters in MvC2

5. CnD

May I ask where you got “two more left to go” from? Because there’s two blank slots? The site would’ve given off the same impression had the roster ended with Spider-Man/Ryu.

I’d get my facts straight. Capcom said there’d be at least thirty characters when the game was initially announced.

Not trying to be an ass here, just pointing it out.

6. Gekidami

Indeed, not having Venom would be crazy. Same goes for Cyclops and Cabal.

The problem is Marvel are calling the shots for their characters and they seem more interested in getting characters from their upcoming movies in then old fan favorites.

7. RETARDED VIKING

@5 DLC perhaps? cause really i wouldn’t be surprised.

8. Stephany Nunneley

@5 I said “next round” and ‘so far” in there….. was that not clear enough? No you’re not being an ass, I just wasn’t clear enough apparently. I will fix it better.

@7 As much as they like DLC, I would bet we’d eventually get even more than 30 total. And loads of outfits. Loads of outfits.

9. hammo4168

If any of you did your homework, then you would know that Seth Killian announce that only 50% of the roster has be confirmed

10. Stephany Nunneley

@5 There – that better?

Oh, and while we are on the subject, laugh at me all of you if you like, but I like Nightcrawler. Yes, I said it. We need more Nightcrawler in any game with Marvel in it. Then, again, I am an X-Men nerd, so that should explain it.

And Colossus and Kitty Pryde. Those two because I am such a girl.

EDIT: And if they want a good villain in there, Apocalypse would give Wesker a run for his pretty boy money. OK, I will hush now. :D

11. Suikoden Fan

i’m a spiderman nut but i’d like to see venom, carnage or even more niche Toxin

12. Stephany Nunneley

@11 How many different symbiotes did Spidey have anyway? I can only think of 6. I better look it up. But yeah, Toxin was rather cool. I read a lot of my brother’s Spider-man stuff, but I was an X-Men fan.

13. spiderLAW

Venom
    Carnage
    Anti-Venom
    Toxin
    Payback
    Zzzxx
    Dread Face
    Hybrid
    Krobaa
    She-Venom
    Carnage Cosmic (Silver Surfer What if issue)

Those are the only symbiotes i could think of. But not all of them were directly associated with Spiderman though, i think anyways.

Spiderman is my favorite character of anything in the entire world of all time :) Im a nerd LOL
    BTW My Favorite X-Men related Characters are
    Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue, Night Crawler, X-Man, Dazzler, Psylocke (why did they have to kill her grrr), Colossus, and Sabertooth. My favorite X-Men related villains are Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, and Magneto.

14. spiderLAW

Also…whoever the artist for these character drawings is, they really suck. They dont understand lighting, anatomy or contrast what so ever. Yuck.

Here are two drawings i did (that werent under recent contracts so its okay to show without getting in trouble :) )
    These were just for fun.

This one was done on 8×11 printer paper

This one was done on a 2.5×3.5 trading card sized sketch card. It was originally for Marvel Masterpieces but i didnt finish this one on time for the deadline.

15. 2plus2equals5

I was an X-Men fan too! :D
    If only Marvel continued with Claremont and only one mutant team/comic… :(

PS:
    the roster so far is very horrible! I won’t buy this.

16. M2Kx

I’d love to see silver surfer :O

17. Suikoden Fan

@spiderLAW you missed Spider-Carnage

@steph, loads, venom, had a few children if i remember correctly

he has some rather obscure children

Scream, Phage, Riot, Lasher, and Agony

18. RETARDED VIKING

@spiderLAW OMG thanks for reminding me! this roster lacks Magneto and Psylocke!!!and nice pics BTW reminds me the good days i had back in the 90s with comics :D.

19. LOLshock94

i bet that SHIELD guy is in since hes having his own movie an all in 2011 and for capcom they will have mega man or someon off darkstalkrs r sumit

20. spiderLAW

Thanks Viking
    Thats kinda what i go for. A lot of my influence for my comic art comes from the 90s greatest like Jim Lee, Adam Kubert, Andy Kubert, Joe Mad, and even the contriversal Rob Liefeld (i admired his passion that he put on paper) but my favorite all time comic artist is Michael Turner (i miss him)

21. Monk

I wanted to say they need to add Sieg from Chaos Legion, but I remember Dante, so STFU for me :D .

22. Isaaclarke37

I hope we have Venom back.