EG Expo 2010 – Deus Ex: Human Revolution: 25 minutes of gameplay footage

Friday, 1st October 2010 15:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

deusex5

Boom. This is the one to watch for next year.

Eidos Monreal held a developer’s session earlier today for Deus Ex: Human Revolution at EGE. We’ve filmed 25 minutes of the gameplay demo for you to watch below.

This is the build that was shown at E3 back in June, running on PlayStation 3, and shows main character Adam Jenson on the lookout for someone known as “Tong,” who’s been linked to the Triads.

The voiceover you hear for the presentation is art director Jonathan-Jacques Belletete.

Honestly, this needs to be on your radar for next year.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution releases early next year for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. manamana

Oh my god! This is so … bad captured, it nearly ruined my eyes.
    I’ll pass on those and wait for better quality vids, really.

Will buy that piece of wonderfull style day one, anyhow.

2. Dralen

That was freaking AMAZING!!!! When he decided to change from stealth to the action approach and dropped in from the roof, my jaw must of fallen off I swear. Cannot wait for this now!

3. Dannybuoy

I’m sorry, but one of my biggest pet hates is games when you pick up weapons and they just disappear into thin air when you pick them up. It not a big thing but it totally ruins the realism of the game. Surely a cheeky animation of a hand reaching down wouldn’t be to tricky. Oh well

4. McLovin85

Graphics look a bit ropey but hopefully they will polish them up before release. Other than that it looks awesome! Can’t wait for this.

5. CaptPierce

It’s official: I HAVE to own this game.

6. LOLshock94

fps mass effect

7. YoungZer0

@6: Why the hell are you still here? -.-”

THINK for one fucking second. It’s the Third Deus Ex game. The Third. What does this tell you?

8. AHA-Lambda

i think i came :o

9. osric90

@6 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, everyone here is laughing of you, not with you!

I’m really looking forward to having this game. The CGI trailers made my eyes teary. But something I realize is that gameplay cutscenes and some actions are really robotic and poorly polished. Comparing the CGI, being made in Japan, with the actual Canadian game (gameplay) there is not a balance like in games that use the same method (using better models and others for the cutscenes). Does anybody know if the long cutscenes in the game are being made using the game’s engine? I mean, I WISH, but there’s too much difference in graphics and other factors. Anyway, this will be proudly in my games case next year.

10. daytripper

“fps mass effect”

lmao

11. Johnny Cullen

I can’t say anymore great things about this game. Honestly.

It looked set to be great before I seen at gamescom anyways, but this is just looking like it’ll be absolutely brilliant.

And I’m new to the series as well.

So yeah, you should probably place a pre-order down for it.

12. DSB

I very excite!

Now it’s starting to look like a Deus Ex game. Not sure I like the whole ripping off x-ray vision from Batman, and the cover mechanics look very dated. I think they should be doing their own thing, but this is still the first I’ve seen that’s really gotten me excited.

13. AHA-Lambda

the only thing i must know is do your choices have deeper effects down the road ala the witcher and the original deus ex?

if so we have a true successor!!! :D

14. Moonwalker1982

Looks really good gameplay wise and everything in it, but those graphics ain’t too impressive though. Sometimes downright average and alot of tearing it seems.

When is this game coming out?

15. AHA-Lambda

february according to steam

16. Moonwalker1982

And is Steam most of the time accurate with their release dates? :)

PC and Console versions coming at the same time?

17. Fin

I thought the graphics were pretty good (I was at the thing), but the facial animation and syncing definitely needs work.
    The demo itself was soooo boring – sure it looked nice, but it went on forever and ever.

18. AHA-Lambda

@16 – steam are pretty good at dates and are certainly better than say amazon or gamestop

and yes pc and console are at the same time

19. DSB

Usually if Steam doesn’t have an exact streetdate, they use quarters. Like spring, summer, fall or winter.

That’s not to say that it can’t get delayed far into the depths of hell.

20. Moonwalker1982

I absolutely love the first part where you walk around and talk to people, i like that atmosphere. The stealth seems really cool too with the cloak and such. I just hope those ‘automatic’kills don’t happen too often, i rather kills peeps myself.

21. Kuwabara

if only yakuza had these graphics

22. Ransom

” E3 DEMO – PRE ALPHA”

And it looks damn good for a pre alpha.

@Moonwalker1982 As far as i know those ‘automatic’ kills are triggered by you, so you can decide to not do them.

23. Moonwalker1982

Now that is just great, i like that you can choose what you wanna do!!!!