Dead Rising 2 banned in UAE

Monday, 27th September 2010 15:14 GMT By Johnny Cullen

deadrising24

No zombies for the Emirates, then.

The National Media Council of the United Arab Emirates has banned Dead Rising 2 from officially going on sale in the country.

According to the game’s distributor in the country, Pluto Games, it was banned for having “violence, gambling and nudity,” as well as the use of alcohol.

Pluto says it “looks unlikely” the ban on the Blue Castle zombie romp will be lifted, although it is trying.

Shame. Good game, going by the reviews for it.

Dead Rising 2′s out now in the UK for PS3 and 360. It’s out on PC this Friday.

Thanks, MEGamers.

1. loki

not big miss

2. Abol_fa

Edit:I didn’t send this comment it was my dumb brother…
    so i need to apologize all arabs….

3. daytripper

ahh well the sexy twins wont have to cover up their faces

4. back_up

so they love Wii

5. sho0ok

Its was banned because the nudity only, many other games has violence are being sold and we wont miss it anyway.

P.S. it is sold in the UAE but not in the offical shops

6. freedoms_stain

Meh, they were already on my No Go list anyway.

Fuck censorship. The decision should be in the hands of the individual and no one else.

7. onlineatron

Wouldn’t it be quicker to list the games not banned in UAE than to post a new one of these each week?

8. A4-F8

Abol-fa

Ur the stupid

9. Dr.Freeman

@2 oh yeah bcoz they take care of thier citizens they considered as stupid?? at least they r better than our stupid country, n am saying this bcoz I’ve done a research comparing between the crimes in the US n the crimes in the whole arab’s country frm its east to west n I was shocked by the results I got, the crimes per week in our country is more than the crimes per YEAR in all the 22 arab world…so who is the stupid now??

10. DarkElfa

You’re the stupid Dr. Freeman, you’re the stupid…

That being said, I don’t blame Arabs for this, I blame their Islamic dictators that apparently think of their populations as children unable to think for themselves. All Arabs deserve the right to make up their own minds about what they want to see and hear and they shouldn’t have to be restricted by some old bearded dudes stuck in the 1200′s.

11. spiderLAW

Wow i didnt know any of that. Thanks for the info. I might research that info some more later on this week.
    But please, next time type in an english language that we can all understand. Your comment had me all over the place lol.

12. Isuru86

Arab Money !

13. Dr.Freeman

@10 I would be very happy to let “Islamic dictators” take our law if they’ll prevent our children frm taking down the drugs n crimes path…

@11 I said that my english isn’t good at some comments bfore, I wont mind if it had u all over the place or not bcoz frm what u said it seems that u got the idea n that’s it for me…

14. spiderLAW

Yeah, no harm done. Didnt know that you had horrible english skills. I thought you were using some horrible slang language. I did eventually get the point of what you were saying so right on.

15. Dr.Freeman

@14 ok now stop refreshing this page n go do the research..

16. HitMan

@Abol_fa
    F.U

17. freedoms_stain

@ Dr.Freeman, it really all depends on by what stick you measure “crime”.

There may be less material theft, criminal violence and murder, but by MY measuring stick the human rights violations visited on women and lower class citizens that go UNRECORDED because they are LEGAL by their measuring stick (or law if you like) go a long way towards making up the numbers.

18. Dr.Freeman

@17 I lived in UAE n I was surprised, it was really far more better frm what I thought, n I didnt find anything frm what u said, try visiting UAE n am sure u’ll change many of the thoughts u have on arabs..

19. dirigiblebill

@ 18

“the crimes per week in our country is more than the crimes per YEAR in all the 22 arab world…”

Can you link to your study, or the studies it was based on?

20. freedoms_stain

@18, Homosexuality is still punishable by death in the UAE.

Government sponsored crime.

21. DSB

You’re mostly right DarkElfa.

Most middle eastern populations don’t care about representation though. That’s all handled by your family and possibly your tribe. What they want is peace to go about their business, and a lot of the time, a hard ruler is preferable to ensure that, even if it means hell for anyone who opposes him.

But it’s not so easy to generalize. You do have a marginalized enlightenment movement in most middle eastern countries, and western influence is everywhere.

I’ve personally talked to underground iranian metalheads who risk getting beat up by religious police whenever they throw a concert. They seemed as western as I am.

The stupid thing for people to do is take all their cues from the TV or news stubs on the internet. It doesn’t show 10% of the story most of the time.

You can think what you want about a society, but what are you going to do about it at the end of the day? Wage war? Tried and failed.

22. DaMan

OMG no Dead Rising for arab gamers! let’s all fight for their freedom with our keyboards now! FUCK CENSORS! FUCK I SAY!

btw, UAE ban this stuff because they don’t want western culture entering their world. similar to Soviet Union in the past.

23. Erthazus

@10 It’s tradition. If your country don’t have traditions you don’t need to say that someone is an idiot.

24. Dr.Freeman

@19 actually the research I done isn’t in English language but I’ll give u some of the sources I used:
    book(lectures in the Islamic culture) Publisher:Al shaqayiq Library-Amman-Jordan, Year:2006

25. Dr.Freeman

@20 I think it’s like a warning so that no one ‘ll do this, n they have the right if u ask me to warn frm such a bad thing: http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html
    n they r not doing this bcoz they r Muslims, even in the bible there r warnings frm homosexuality.

26. spiderLAW

Yes but there is also “God given free will” in the bible. There is also “love, compasion, and forgiveness for all sinners” in the bible.

A lot of Bible Readers and Pretend Bible Readers forget about that, especially government officials.

27. freedoms_stain

Well I think this conversation just ended.

If that’s your take on it then we disagree on a fundamental level on what human rights are.

Have fun in the UAE. Enjoy your repression.

28. Dr.Freeman

I will, u too enjoy ur shallowness.

29. freedoms_stain

Yeah man.

Tolerance for people harming no one.

Fucking shallow.

30. frostquake

What is so interesting about the UAE, is that I watched a Documentary on the Dictators and they were in there Private Jets with built in Flat Screens playing all the banned games on Xbox’s! Even in there Palaces there own kids were playing all the banned games on Xbox and Playstation 3, I didn’t see a Wii. So the Ban is only for the People of the UAE, it does not apply to the dictators and the Top very wealthy families, only the poor that they keep in fear.

31. TraceableX

Why they released it for the PS3? They should make it for 360 only. BECAUSE IT SUCKS.