MAG 2 listed online by US retailer

Friday, 10th September 2010 08:36 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mag4

US retailer Walmart’s listed up on its website something called “MAG 2″. Who knew? We didn’t.

The store has a placeholder down for a January 2011 release. Tip: the date “may not be true.”

A sequel not being announced by developer Zipper Interactive, who is currently working on SOCOM 4.

The first MAG released at the end of January this year, allowing players to play in 256-player battles involving three PMCs: Valor, Raven and SVER.

We’ll shoot off an email to Sony, but expect the usual.

Thanks, PSLS.

1. Erthazus

MAG 2 seriously? If they want to make a successfull hit with this, they need to improve the engine.

At least at the Call Of Duty level engine/graphics if they want to achieve 256-player battles.

2. Razor

You’ve got to be kidding?

They follow up a game that went nowhere with a sequel likely to do just as badly?

Give me a break. This is hopefully false.

3. Aimless

A re-release of the first game with all the DLC and updates bundled on the disk makes a lot more sense. It might not have gone through TF2 levels of transformation, but apparently it’s a very different game to the one that launched.

4. Blerk

512 players? :-)

5. Razor

They should probably stick to 5.12 players.

I jest, I jest…

6. Blerk

That’d be cool. Whenever I play shooters online I always feel like about 0.12 of a player.

7. Erthazus

@2 It sold barely for a million worldwide. Solid success.

8. Joe Anderson

I don’t believe a sequel is in the works, MAG’s still be supported and SOCOM’s on the way.

9. Redh3lix

MAG was and still is very popular and regarded as a success.

10. Uncontested

Success by who? lol game is awful.

11. Xanthene

came back to MAG in the lull of summer months. The improvements and support they’ve made are great and I hope they continue it. MAG 2 would have potential but it’s too soon, there is still much to be done with the first.

12. stretch215

I didn’t know that they patched MAG, i’ll have to wipe the dust off of this and check it out.

13. LOLshock94

shittest game everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

14. Kuwabara

KZ2>MAG>MW2

15. Red96Cobra

The problem with MAG was not that it was a bad game. The problem was that it actually expected people to think and problem solve a little bit. I know when I played with my normal clan it was a blast but 80% of the time when I jumped in with randoms I had a horrible experience because people just did not ant to put the effort in that this game requires.

16. Gekidami

The only problem i have with MAG (and why i didnt buy it) is that vehicular combat is nearly non-existent. 256 infantry-only battles (for the most part i know that vehicles are in the game but they’re pretty much just for show) is abit dumb, imo.