Take-Two Q3 financials: LA Noire delayed into 2011, RDR sells 6.9 million

Thursday, 2nd September 2010 21:09 GMT By Johnny Cullen

lanoiref

Take-Two has delayed LA Noire into the first half of calendar 2011 as part of its third quarter results, while confirming some massive sales for Red Dead Redemption.

LA Noire, The Team Bondi-developed 50s title, was due to arrive this fall according to a tweet from publisher Rockstar earlier in the year, but nothing has been seen on the game since a Game Informer piece at the start of the year aside from a few shots.

A delay was predicted by an analyst last weekend.

The game’s been in development for six years.

Red Dead lassos 7 million

Take-Two also confirmed tonight that Red Dead Redemption has sold 6.9 million units.

The Rockstar San Diego western went on sale back in May for PS3 and 360.

The title gets its third DLC pack, Liars and Cheats, on September 21.

Red Dead sees T2′s profits go up, up, up

Take-Two’s revenues were up 273 percent year-over-year for the quarter ending July 31, thanks to Red Dead Redemption’s dramatic success; the figure stood at $354.1 million compared to $94.9 million a year earlier.

Income for the period was $12.4 million, compared to a loss of $58.3 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2009.

For the nine months ended July 31, net revenue was $785.3 million, compared to $418.5 million for the same period a year ago.

The full report’s through here.

1. Erthazus

RDR 6.9 million? Thats just huge and totally deserved.

2. The Hindle

Close to 7m holy shit imo. Im thinking this is going to be the 2nd highest selling game of the year.

3. Erthazus

@2 And first?

I think something between Black Ops and Halo. 2 shitty overrated games will have the biggest marketing campaign.

If Portal 2 will sell less than 5 million. Gaming is fucked.

4. AHA-Lambda

portal 2 isnt this year but i agree with the sentiment

glad to see RDR do well, imo its very overrated but i’m glad to see it do well in suhc a stagnant market regardless.

Also LA noire delay?? Color me shocked!

5. cookiejar

L.A Nowhere.

6. DJ Deathstar

Haha i’m pretty sure i commented on a story just before RDR’s launch about Pachter and i said i thought it’d sell 7 million in 2010

7. DSB

People are quick to be annoyed at the whole 2-year rule, but when you see projects run as poorly as L.A. Noire, you start to realize why some of those companies run a tight ship.

Do you really ever get 5 years worth of game for your money? I’ve never seen it happen.

@5 I lol’d.

8. Johnny Cullen

I haven’t properly gotten into RDR yet. I really need to.

9. onlineatron

Two things.

1) I got tired of RDR around about the Mexico mark.

2) I WANT TO SEE L.A NOIRE!! Hopefully it can provide a good game around it’s awesome setting, unlike some (Glares at Mafia II).

10. Anders

I can’t see L.A. Noire make its money back.

11. b163oi

Loved RDR, abit too open for me. Agent anyone?

12. AHA-Lambda

yeah no mention of agent anywhere?

13. cookiejar

@ 12 I think thats really gone deep underground for the time being. Probably next year before we hear anything from that.

14. ruckus

Man famalegoods128, don’t you have anything original to say? It’s the same old whinge no matter the game. If your that jaded, I guess you take a ‘time out’ from gaming for a while.

15. onlineatron

@Famalegoods

Any idea where I can get some good, wholesale jackets, coats and handbags?

16. mington

I’m selling these fine leather jackets

17. Uncontested

Glad the game did well, I wish it had more staying power.. I traded it in after I beat it and played a little multiplayer.. meh oh well. still glad I got to buy it tho, just wish they had found a real voice actor for his son and not some annoying sounding twit.