House: “A few more” PS exclusives to be announced yet

Sunday, 22nd August 2010 14:57 GMT By Joe Anderson

andrewhouse

We missed this on Tuesday. Sorry about that. SCEE boss Andrew House revealed during its gamescom presser the company still have a few more games to share, adding it’s going to be a “stellar year for PlayStation.”

House said at the end of the presentation: “We’ve heard from Resistance 3 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, along side games such as inFamous 2, Sorcery, GT5, Killzone 3, and a few more we’ve yet to share.”

There are a few games we haven’t heard from in a while, such as The Last Guardian which has been very quiet for a while now.

The next big event where Sony are likely to reveal information on new titles is Tokyo Game Show, which takes place from September 16-19.

Thanks, PSLS.

1. Erthazus

They should stop and focus on other things than games.

they have a lot… A LOT of cool games and i already have problems to afford all games, even if i’m buying this year new PC monitor and PALIT GTX 470. + i don’t have enough time. this is the last year in university and i must finish it damn it with good diploma.

+ Spending a lot of time in Starcraft II

2. get2sammyb

Hang on, are you saying you want them to make less games? Are you mad!?

3. Erthazus

@2 They already making a lot compared to other console manufacturers + there are a lot of multiplatform titles.

PSP and PSN service need a lot of work.

PS: But bring me The Last Guardian :D

4. Gekidami

When you’ve got first party devs, it best to be paying them to work rather then sit around doing nothing…

5. get2sammyb

@3 – I’d rather they made plenty of games and improved the PSN. I don’t want them to stop making games. That’s madness. I’m glad you’re not in charge of SCE.

6. LePlatypus

Isn’t the fact that Sony have tonnes of exclusives the reason why Sony fanboys think the ‘console war’ because the Xbox has very few?

7. Erthazus

@4 Agree, except that there are a lot of second party developers that are on board like Sucker Punch, Insomniac and e.t.c. Not to mention about Quantic Dream, Rockstar game… So much money burned in to the games. It’s cool, but there are a lot of other problems.

@5 They already making a LOT of games but they are not improving the PSN or PSP. So if i was in charge of SCE (Fancy :D) i would not stop making games but made a big focus on things that are in big trouble.

8. David Sarkisjan

I guess everyone expects them to announce Uncharted 3 … and yes, give us a look at The Last Guardian!

9. osric90

I would like them to aanounce free Backwards Compatibility in the new update, Team Ico Collection, Prince of Persia Trilogy (Collection) and some Dead or Alive stuff. No Uncharted 3 for now…I think it’s too soon. Would expect it to come out by 2012 begginings but it may happen.

10. OlderGamer

I agree more time, effort, and cash needs to be put into PSN. Both in terms of service/function, but also in terms of PSN exclusive games.

MS beats Sony on those fronts each and every time.

11. NightCrawler1970

I wish Sony come up with “JA2″ great game for PSP. 750MB game.

12. metamorphic

There already are a lot of PSN exclusive games, the likes of which MS has never been able to produce. Flower, anyone? Horizon, from the same company that made Flower? There are loads of other games at PSN and in development that you know nothing about, so don’t talk about shit you don’t know. And hey, no one is forcing you to buy all their games, lol what the hell is wrong with you. There must be a lot of variety and options for people to choose from; for example, I personally like adventure games rather than first person shooters, so I would like more of this and other unique games from SCE, which they are actually indeed producing and much more so than other first-party publishers. I would also like to see more new IPs from Sony, so that they test boundaries and make unique kinds of games.

13. justiceblob

@9 I love the irony in your comment, ‘I want PS Backwards compatibility, but I also want Team Ico and POP collections.’

I also agree that PSN isnt what it should/be. It doesnt feel intergrated and it lacks services compared to XBL. I think that the PS3 suffers from a lack of parity between software design. Look at the Xbox dashboard and most non-game iPhone apps and all of them fuction in the same way and thus appear intuitive and intergrated because of it.

14. DSB

@6 Fanboys generally don’t know their asses from their elbows. But I think it’s safe to say that the exclusives are where you get your moneys worth. I think they should dump their whole interface, along with PSN, and just start over. But the main conversation I keep having with myself is “Do I want to buy a PS3 just for 3-4 exclusives?”

Currently it’s a no. More quality exclusives, a price adjustment, and some GT5 that’s worth the wait would probably sway me though.

@11 As in Jagged Alliance? Fark yes.

15. Gekidami

^ Making a point and proving it at the same time. Bravo i say! Bravo!

16. DSB

@15 Based on… Seeing something, analyzing it and drawing my own conclusion?

Oh yeah, I’m practically foaming at the mouth.

17. LePlatypus

@16 Quality exclusives? What like Uncharted 1 & 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 and MGS4?

18. Michael O’Connor

@14 While I largely agree with your point about the console, I think it’s fair to say that the PS3 has more than “a few” exclusives to its name; certainly more than the competition has, especially Microsoft.

First party exclusives is easily Sony’s biggest strength.

19. cookiejar

@10 Microsoft are a software company though. You would expect them to be ahead in that area seeing as they’ve been doing it for 30 years.

Sony are improving PSN, its just they do it differently.

I agree its needs improving further, but they’re doing alright for a predominantly hardware focused company.

20. DSB

@18 Absolutely. What I meant was that only about 3-4 really appeal to me at the moment. If people like more than that, they’re certainly entitled to it.

@17 I played the original Uncharted, and I actually put it down after an hour because it was boring me to death.

I’m thinking God of War III, Killzone 2, LBP, GT5 and Uncharted 2.

I think Warhawk sounds awesome, but it didn’t exactly get stunning reviews.

I’m fundamentally opposed to games like Heavy Rain which are mostly quicktime events and MGS4 that’s mostly cutscenes. I loved the old MGS games on my PS2, but it just seems like an easy way to get around making actual gameplay.

21. Michael O’Connor

@20 If there’s only 3 or 4 exclusives on the PS3 that you really want to play, then I think that you’re seriously denying yourself some truly amazing gaming experiences.

You’re not missing much with God of War 3 though. And Warhawk is absolutely awful. It looks terrible and plays terrible.

Every gamer alive should own LittleBigPlanet though. That should be made into a law! “You must buy a copy of LittleBigPlanet, or you will be executed at gun-point by Sackboy if it is discovered that you do not possess ownership of this game”

22. Dannybuoy

I think it’ll be uncharted 4 and GT7 ;-)

23. Herlock

Medievil plz :(

24. justiceblob

@20 Warhawk WAS awesome. Best use of vehicles in online multiplayer ever.

25. AHA-Lambda

@21 – i like lbp’s concept and sackboy himself more than the actual game =(

i just have no drive to create levels and so it aint worth me buying it. Tho i’ll borrow lbp2 off my bro when he gets it i guess just to play the sp :p

PS tho i agree wit you bout the exclusives i only own about 4 cos i rent a large chunk of my games :P

26. DSB

@21 Well I realize that I’m missing out, and it is tempting, but with 400 dollars worth of console needed, I’m still holding out until it becomes an offer I can’t refuse.

PSN and the interface weren’t dealbreakers for me, but since most multiplatform games don’t really apply the PS3′s power, I looked at stuff like noise levels and load times to decide.

The PS3 does slightly better on the noise, but the 360 wastes a lot less time reading from the disc. That’s what originally sealed it for me.

27. theevilaires

Another XBOT enters the ring of VG247 ladies and gents, say hello to DSB! 3-4 titles only interest you? You’re not a gamer then plain and simple. Heavy Rain doesn’t interest you, inFamous, and many other great (first party alone) games by SONY don’t interest you. They have every damn genre covered with the highest quality available and these things don’t interest you?

You’re not a gamer plain and simple. Go back to shooterbox please.

28. DSB

Yeah, I mean, it stands to reason that if you don’t explicitly agree with fanboys, then you must be a fanboy… If you have the logical capacity of an abject retard.

There aren’t more than 3-4 360 exclusives that interest me either, in fact I can only think of Gotham Racing and Forza, so I guess I must be some kind of weird Twilight Zone fanboy worshipping consoles in the Xth dimension.

… Or maybe I just prefer multiplatform games.

“Thief thinks every man steals”

29. The Hindle

At a guess id say

Sony Bend project,
    Sony cambridge project
    Sony Liverpool project
    Starhawk
    Team Siren have been silent for a while as well

30. No_PUDding

Also Warhawk is a really realllly nice looking game. And it’s got great animation. And the Warhawks themselves are awesome to play with.

In fact, I just reminded myself why I was excited about Starhawk. All it needs is SP.

31. Erthazus

By the way… someone said here about Starhawk… What happened to that game?

32. frostquake

The sad thing for me, is that I have the PS3 that plays all the PS2 games, I have well over 100 PS2 games still, and I rarely play them…even some still wrapped in original cellophane. I really, really thought I would be playing more PS2 games on the system, but I am not..I think I am done crying out for backwards compat, doesn’t seem to be what I really wanted even though I really thought I did.

33. Galactic_Barret

Wait… Does XBLA have better exclusives? Since when? I mean, It seems like whatever exclusives appear on XBLA, there is always a “clone” of it up shortly after that improves on the original concept (Joe Danger). Or the real thing shows up a few months later (Braid, Castle Crashers, PQ). Thats not even accounting for the size, feature-set and originality of most PSN games (Wipeout HD, Flower. PJ). Sheesh, has anyone seen Journey?

Personally, I think PSN is fine in terms of exclusive content. Actually, I think believing Sony is behind in exclusives on any front is silly. Didn’t E3 and gamescon just happen?

34. Ge0force

@33 There’s almost no innovation on XBLA, most games are ports and remakes of existing games from other platforms. Even Trials HD is a remake of the Trails 2 pc-game, most of the levels are identical.