Fable III Limited Edition Xbox 360 controller is interesting

Friday, 13th August 2010 20:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

f3controller

Some shots of a Fable III Limited Edition Wireless Controller for Xbox 360 popped up today.

It’s interesting to look at.

You can get all sorts of shots of it over on Kotaku.

It was designed by the artists at Lionhead to resemble the Crown of Albion.

The controller starts hitting stores October 5 for $59.99 with collectible packaging, along with an Xbox Live token for an exclusive in-game downloadable tattoo.

Fable III is out on October 26 in the US and October 29 in the UK.

Kotaku never mentioned a UK date on the controller, so we’ll ask.

Watch Major Nelson show it off in the video below.

1. Anders

Wow, that is horrible.

2. theevilaires

Not only will your games be uncomfortable playing the XBOX360 now you can look ugly while doing it too YAY!

LOL whatever happen to the face plates that were so cool back in Nov 2005 to spring 2006 :P

3. Stephany Nunneley

I linked to the main page on Kotaku instead of the actual post because it kept forcing you to click OK on these system pop ups. WTH?

4. Boris Fett

@2 God, you are such a raging fanboy.

5. SlayerGT

Love you Tea! =)

6. theevilaires

looks like somebody tried to make a 360 controller shaped marble cake.

7. natesaninja

@4 he is sponsored by sony to get on forums and blast anything other than playstation while tryin very hard to make it look good

fight the good fight teabag your check is in the mail

8. Freek

Wow, that is the ugliest thing MS has ever come up with, and they’ve done some horrible things in the past.

9. theevilaires

@4 how is that being a raging fanboy? Once again O’Connor disagrees because we have different taste on different things. Obviously your feelings were hurt by what again?

10. theevilaires

@7 yea bro cause I totally was full throttle behind the PSPGO.SONY owes me one hell of a check for that disaster :D

If you honestly think this controller is cool you either:

A. Obviously grew up in the 70′s
    B. love Marble cake
    C. Just plain have no taste
    or D. All of the Above

You pick one, but don’t call me a fanboy for pointing out the obvious.

11. NiceFellow

Pretty ugly. But then I find pretty much every gaudily themed controller ugly.

Probably because they are.

Still, there are those poor souls who will no doubt love it.

12. freedoms_stain

I’d like to see a special edition 360 pad where the only thing special about it is that the d-pad isn’t absolute fucking shite.

13. Erthazus

Green horse shit all over it seriously.

14. theevilaires

@11…that poor soul name is O’Connor :D

@12 wouldn’t we all :D

@13 I bet it would be perfect camouflage in a casino :D

@14 stop being a raging fanboy troll….hey wait!

15. Boris Fett

Then explain this bullshit:

“Not only will your games be uncomfortable playing the XBOX360″

I think the controller *looks* like shit, for the record. Never denied that.

@14 That person’s name is *Michael* O’Connor, you braindead moron.

16. DSB

Lionhead should really take some time off from the gimmicks to try and convince us that Fable III won’t turn out to be the same self-indulgent snorefest that Fable II was.

So far I’ve seen absolutely nothing to suggest it won’t be.

17. LordCancer

@10 who are you to make such declarations for 6 billion people?

@11 poor souls? you are…

@12 Razer Onza?

it’s not like its the end of the world just a controller.

18. Spaced Oddity

$59.99?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

19. Boris Fett

@17 He’s TEA.

He’s the kind of person that spouts off his own assured opinions, then accuses *everyone else* of being the ego-maniacs.

20. theevilaires

@16 OMG I thought it was just me bro. Seriously I can’t stand British accents but I knew there was something else that just wouldn’t let me sit for more than 20 minutes before turning that game off. All that crap about it being almost GOTY too.

Note to self: Stop listening to podcast that have a panel of mostly XBOTS :D (Damn couch mercenaries).

@18 I know right! PEW! :) PEW! :D PEW! :P

@19 ….you still crying?

21. LordCancer

lol well if you bought the first fable you learned your lesson on the first go around… wait for the bargain edition. that way you pay in minutes how long you’ll play it for.

22. freedoms_stain

@17, had never heard of the Razer Onza before.

I MUST HAVE ONE!

It’ll look freakin sweet beside my Razer Death Adder :D

23. TraceableX

DualShock 1/2/3 > 360 controller.

24. natesaninja

@teabag my nuts take a look back at old post of yours not just this one you are the biggest sony fan thats sony has and why in the hell are you commenting on an xbox exclusive game controller yes it is ugly

25. theevilaires

well Mr. natesaninja….you see I own a XBOX360 too. I’m flattered you would go back and look up my older post. Did you happen to see the constant hate toward Kaz Harai on your way back to the future.

Or did you see the comments I made about the PSP GO and how ugly that thing look(ed) (it grew on me :P )

oh and from now on I request that every one call me teabag :D

“THE SONY TEABAG” BABY! YEA!!!!

+1 @23

26. TerryWogan

Wow, this place has really taken a dive. I’ve seen retarded fanboy arguments before but this is weak.

27. LordCancer

@freedom_stain, me too. the previews said they’re working on improving the d-pad so hopefully they don’t drop the ball. I really like the tension dials on the sticks and my favorite feature is the extra set of rmb shoulder buttons. its on my list.

28. Boris Fett

@26 You can generally blame TEA for that.

Oh, and BDH.

29. LOLshock94

so thats why peter talks shit it was cause a controller was up his ass

30. frostquake

I kind of like it…though to be honest I can’t afford it, it is the price of the Fable 3 game, So I can buy the controller and not Fable 3 (yeah right) or buy the game and play with my regular controller and then buy the limited edition on clearance for $30 sometime down the road…

31. theevilaires

@29 You just almost caused me to choke to death :D very funny comment my friend (claps)

@28 you still crying O’Connor. Nobody cares what you have to say. You’re constantly attacking me in here and failing bad. STFU and go back to your site.

I’ll join it just so you can ban me ok…would that make you feel good about yourself. Next time you change your user name be sure to use your first name please (LOSER)…ok O’Connor.

32. OlderGamer

The PS controlers are so uncomfortable I have always used adapters for controlers of other systems. I used a Saturn pad for PSone, a XBOX pad for PS2(and it works for a few PS3 games too), and I now use a Gamegear controler for my PS3(I ordered it off of the net, and it is laid out exactly like a xbox360 pad.

Thumb sticks are too close together. The slant in the “handle” portion of the controlers feel totaly wrong, and in the case of the PS3 the controlers feel cheap and chinse.

In fact PS control pads being so bad was one of the biggest reasons I went with Xbox over PS2(owned/played em both, but went with multiplat on xb). Same is true today.

xb360 pad > any PS pad(ever).

Oh btw, that is just my opinion so the whole thing is mute.

As far as the Fable controler goes, I don’t like the skin/color. But I always by the plan old white/black controlers. No point paying more for something that does the samething. And I have no friends that would be impressed with what color my controler was in the first place.

So … ‘meh, to each their own I guess.

33. LordCancer

I prefer the xbox s controller. it needed more shoulder buttons though, i still like it more then the 360 controller.

i also dislike the dual shock controller. i use it anyways. i was the only person excited for the boomerang. heh.

34. Callum

I want the tron ones when they come out…not this crap tho! And the gamecube had the best controller ever. shame about the console :)

35. LordCancer

except for the that yellow qauzi right stick… it was a comfortable controller with a very very very short cord.

36. Kuwabara

looks shitty…

37. LordCancer

@36 i don’t even want to know what you’ve been eating… ha

38. Boris Fett

@31 “Nobody cares what you have to say.”

Transference, much?