PlayStation Plus users in US to get bi-weekly content

Tuesday, 3rd August 2010 20:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

playstationlplus

The US PS Blog has posted a list of content PlayStation Plus subscribers can expect next week, which will be the start of bi-weekly updates to the service.

This update for PS+ will occur on August 10, and a peek at some of the items included is below.

PlayStation Plus: Highlights for 8/10

• Red Faction Guerrilla from THQ – 60-minute Game Trial
  • Qore August Episode with exclusive demo of TerRover from SOE
  • PixelJunk Racers Second Lap – Early Access and Limited Time Discount exclusive
  • Aero Racer mini – FREE

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down 8/10:

Games

• Fieldrunners – mini – FREE
  • Super Stardust (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)
  • Gravity Crash (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)

Discounted Add-ons

• Super Stardust HD Team add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
  • Super Stardust HD Solo add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
  • Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.00, original price $3.99)

Themes (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

• King Zumo
  • MAG S.V.E.R Dynamic Theme
  • MAG Raven Dynamic Theme
  • MAG Valor Dynamic Theme

Video

• Qore – July Episode

This will also be the last week some of the free and discounted items will be available, so if you haven’t downloaded what you wanted by next Tuesday, you better d so. You can get more information on this through the US PS Blog.

Also, there’s a special limited time introductory offer on PlayStation Plus going on, which gives you an additional three bonus months of PS+ if you buy a 1-year package for $49.99.

1. DigitalEnemy

Ive been really disappointed with Playstation Plus so far and i think the general feel from the community is that its just not worth the sub. Sony really need to implement more features if they want gamers to jump on the plus bandwagon. just one feature like cross game chat and I bet they would see a 100000000000% increase in subs.

2. asdfasdf

great content

3. Psychotext

Like the first month, I already own everything I might want there. I think what I might do is stop buying stuff on PSN, wait for that stuff to appear on PSN+ and then sign up for a short period.

4. SlayerGT

Plus is for the new comers to PS3, not you.

5. Psychotext

Possibly true, but I’m sure I can work it in my favour with some patience.

6. OlderGamer

Just like waiting for xbl games/conetent to become the deal of the week. Wait a bit and save some cash.

Bu I would agree on the whole not much there PSN+wise to warrent a sub fee.

Just a question .. when you get a little mini or whatever for free does it stay with you when/if you stop paying for PSN+?

In the end tho, if Sony wants to make cash on PSN+ subs they really need to charge for online play. That is the only real feature I can see that will encourage folks to sign up and stay signed up.

That and maybe free movies rentals. Like maybe two a week or something, anything. I don’t know, but at this point why pay for something you can do for free already?

7. DrDamn

Games – regular, mini or PSOne are all tied to the subscription (with the exception of LBP in the EU). I’m not sure about DLC, themes and pictures though – I don’t think they are controlled in the same way, certainly not themes and pictures.

8. frostquake

Customer Service Told me that only Pictures, themes, and some select games will be yours to own, everything else will stay active as long as you subscribe…subscription dies, so does all your content..well most of it..like 95%…Sigh…kind of sad that they yank your chain that way…and not in a good way.