Just Add Water developing new Oddworld titles

Friday, 16th July 2010 01:30 GMT By Johnny Cullen

oddworld

Gravity Crash developer Just Add Water’s announced it’s developing a whole new batch of Oddworld titles “across multiple platforms.”

No specific details were provided by the Yorkshire-based studio, but it said the games would star “all of your favourite Oddworld characters.”

More will come “over the coming weeks and months.”

“To work with the team at Oddworld has been amazing; being able to tap the minds of Lorne Lanning, Sherry McKenna and others has been fantastic,” JAW boss Stewart Gilray said of his delight to be working on the series.

“It’s almost symbiotic in that when something moves forward on any of the projects we just start chatting about new items, or what if we do this. We’re all extremely excited to breathe life into the Oddworld universe and indeed to let it breathe life into us.”

Discussions with JAW and the series creators Lorne Lanning and Sherry McKenna began back in June last year.

Get pumped.

Full details are below, via JAW’s website.

It’s with a huge amount of pride that we can announce that for the past 12 months we have been working extremely closely with the fantastic people at Oddworld Inhabitants, from what started off as brief discussions in June 2009, to now working on multiple projects, across multiple platforms.

Whilst we cannot go into specifics right now, we can tell you that over the coming weeks and months we will be announcing these exciting projects starring all of your favourite Oddworld characters.

“To work with the team at Oddworld has been amazing; being able to tap the minds of Lorne Lanning, Sherry McKenna and others has been fantastic,” said Just Add Water’s Managing Director Stewart Gilray.

“It’s almost symbiotic in that when something moves forward on any of the projects we just start chatting about new items, or what if we do this,” Gilray continued. “We’re all extremely excited to breathe life into the Oddworld universe and indeed to let it breathe life into us.”

Why not follow that loveable Mudokon, Abe on Twitter at twitter.com/abemudokon.

1. Bloodyghost

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SCREAMMMMM!!!!

2. Stephany Nunneley

HURRAY for JAW!!!!!!!!!!! W00T!!!

3. Bloodyghost

@2 WTF did JAW do?

4. No_PUDding

Gravity Crash, most recently.

PLUS, MY THREAD ON THE EG FORUMS PREDICTING THE FUTURE! (sans insider knowledge)

5. Gekidami

Oh yes please. I just hope these guys can pull it off.

6. OrphanageExplosion

I was expecting remakes of existing titles – to get completely new games is a lovely surprise.

7. Dr.Freeman

I prefer it to be as a 2D puzzle game.

8. Blerk

Right, I want an XBLA/PSN title in the style of the first two Oddworld games with hi-def graphics and all new content. Make that happen!

9. StolenGlory

I would prefer it not to happen.

At all.

I like my memories.

10. The_Red

AWE—SOME! I loved the 2 games I played on PSone and have heard great things about Stranger’s Wrath.

11. LOLshock94

fucking strangers wrath i cryed when my 360 wouldnt play it

12. Callum

This could make my life complete. seriously.

13. No_PUDding

BUT, they might do well to streamline it. It’s been time since the last 2D Oddworld game.

And, having played Exodus recently, it’s not to today’s standard.

14. No_PUDding

AND… still 2.5D plese.

Want 3D models of Abe, for awesome cinematics.

15. DJ Deathstar

Been waiting for someone to do something with this franchise for a long time! All of them have been classics with Strangers Wrath being one of my all time favourite games!
    @LOLshock94
    I know how you feel man, i had to get my original xbox out a few months back to give it a go again :P

16. frostquake

I still have the Orig Xbox Plugged just for Strangers Wrath….This is Really Good News….Would be nice if they would update the 360 so I could play Wrath in the 360.