Countdown appears on Criterion website – can you guess why?

Friday, 11th June 2010 08:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

criterion countdown

Criterion’s website has added a countdown this morning. But for what?

Obviously, the studio’s about to lift the lid of its Need for Speed title its had in the works at E3 next week.

The countdown itself ends just as EA’s press conference kicks off on Monday night UK time. You now officially have one more reason not to miss it.

Get the low down on the timings and stuff for what Riccitello and co are going to show off and talk about here.

1. Johnny Cullen

I’m fucking pumped to see what Criteion’s got planned.

It’s going to be awesome anyways, knowing them.

2. Filofax

I hope Criterion don’t forget the cop chases.

3. mington

I had that cop chase one on my ps2. undercover was it? I really enjoyed that game. As much as i’d like to play a new version of that, it’ll be a bit cheap to just recycle old ideas but with updated graphics. I hope they really push the boat out with this one, lots of destructible environment seems to be the trend at the moment.

4. Erthazus

@1 It’s a Need For Speed title for 2010.

5. Bulk Slash

Hopefully this will be a return to form for Criterion. I thought Burnout Paradise was pretty disappointing thanks to the open world making tasks that would have taken seconds with a menu take several minutes. e.g driving miles to a junk yard just to switch cars.

I think NFS hit its peak with Underground 1, the tracks and gameplay were all pretty good and it was before EA decided everything should be brown and have terrible frame rates.

6. Tonka

I fucking loved Burnout Paradise and I’ve been waiting for the next title in the Burnout series for AGES!

7. Blerk

I think you’re going to be waiting a whole lot longer yet, Tonka.

8. loki

I hope it is new Burnout, and i hope it is only for Xbox 360/PS3

9. Whizzo

I hope it’s a PC exclusive so you spontaneously combust.

10. FadeLive

I want another one in the Underground series. Best NFS games imo. Either that or I hope its a new SSX game. I really want a new SSX game. :P