Itagaki’s new game to be at E3 next week

Tuesday, 8th June 2010 16:23 GMT By Johnny Cullen

itagaki2

Boom. BOOM. BOOM! Tomonobu Itagaki has said his next game will be revealed at E3 next week.

Speaking in a blog post on the website of Valhalla Game Studios, which he founded after he left Tecmo two years ago, he didn’t give any hints as to what the game could be, or what platforms it’ll be on.

“This year, at the E3 show, we have decided to go public with the latest game we are working on right now at Valhalla Game Studios,” Itagaki said in the post.

He went on to add: “In the past, I created four unique games – ‘Dead or Alive,’ ‘Ninja Gaiden,’ ‘DOA Xtreme,’ and ‘NG Dragon Sword.’ Thus, this announcement will be the fifth all-new project in my lifetime.”

To reiterate – boom.

You can read the full thing through here.

Via Andriasang. Thanks, thedutchslayer.

1. Blerk

I’m thinking it might well feature extreme violence and/and extreme boobage.

2. The Hindle

Meh to much boobage and crappy gameplay from this guy.

3. FeaturePreacher

Can’t wait to see what he comes up with. I can always count on him for tight controls, meaningful difficulty, and superb action.

4. daytripper

i dont like this guy, i have a bad feeling about him just by looking at him. a bit too pervy me thinks.

5. JonFE

That should be interesting!

6. DaMan

what FeaturePreacher said.

7. YoungZer0

“I created four unique games – ‘Dead or Alive,’ ‘Ninja Gaiden,’ ‘DOA Xtreme,’ and ‘NG Dragon Sword.’”

Oh wow, he created them all alone.

And how are they unique? DoA is a fighting game with giant boobs. Ninja Gaiden is DMC with giant boobs. DoA Xtreme, again, fighting game with boobs. NG Dragon Sword might be the only unique game on the list.

8. Aimless

DoAX wasn’t a fighting game, it was a volleyball dating game/shame synthesiser.

Can’t say I’m an Itagaki fan, personally. Those who are should probably keep an eye out during Microsoft’s press conference, though.

9. Bulk Slash

It will be interesting to see if Itagaki’s new game will have all the Itagaki hallmarks (big bouncing boobs, violence, punishing difficulty) or if he will try something different.

I’m betting it will be some sort of Ninja Gaiden-like game, that’s been his biggest success so I think he’ll try to stick with what he knows. Considering his company is a fledgling he won’t want to do anything too risky I think.

10. DUFFKING

Hopefully without Tecmo pushing him around he’ll make something good like NGB rather than an unholy mess like NG2.

11. YoungZer0

@8: Oh right, i forgot. Anyway, a beach volleyball game with huge boobs.

12. FeaturePreacher

@YoungZer0

Ninja Gaiden is not DMC with boobs.

First of all DMC had boobs as well.

Secondly, in Ninja Gaiden, the opponents could most certainly kill you if you did not know how to deal with each individual kind of opponent. Most of them were aggressive and wouldn’t wait for you to attack them. DMC has the opponents that are just style targets that for the most part wait for you to pummel them. They each have their merits. I like both types of games.

13. YoungZer0

I didn’t say NG is DMC with Boobs. I said it’s DMC with giant boobs. That’s a difference. I just think all his games are fucking ridiculous mostly because of how women are represented in his games.

And you can have the same experience with DMC on higher difficulty. The difference is that you get to choose.

14. FeaturePreacher

@YoungZer0

I would have to disagree about getting a ninja gaiden experience with DMC. Higher difficulty levels with DMC just mean more enemies to pummel. None of them are as aggressive as most of the opponents in NG. In fact, some NPCs only show up at higher difficulty levels with NG.

15. YoungZer0

I disagree.

16. loki

Epic, it is Epic

17. OlderGamer

I never liked him(well his games) anyways.

He comes across as concieted and full of himself as a rock star. And for what?

A Virtua Fighter/Tekken rip off?

A dating game built around beach vollyball?

NG was alright, but so hard not only have I never beaten the new ones, but didn’t enjoy them either. There is something to be said about making your game scalable.

Bagh overrated.

18. Bloodyghost

Can not wait but yet I am wanting to see what his knew game will be

19. xino

““In the past, I created four unique games – ‘Dead or Alive,’ ‘Ninja Gaiden,’ ‘DOA Xtreme,’ and ‘NG Dragon Sword.’ Thus, this announcement will be the fifth all-new project in my lifetime.””

what a joker!
    DragonSword was Hayashi’s game.

20. DaMan

true, Ninja Gaiden wasn’t aimed at sissies lulz. great game, one of the best action titles to date. Black was the best version of it; the sequel was clearly rushed though.

21. AHA-Lambda