Report – Shogun II: Total War to be announced at E3

Friday, 28th May 2010 12:30 GMT By Johnny Cullen

shogun total war

That Total War game that looks like it’s heading for an LA reveal in two weeks time? Yeah, not so much of a secret anymore, it seems.

A Turkish website (via Kotaku) has reported that its booked an appointment with Sega to see Shogun II: Total War at E3, which hasn’t been formally announced as of yet. Or has it?

RPS has reported that a press release on the Creative Assembly title was leaked via TWC, but the forum thread has since been removed.

Al that’s known on the upcoming reveal is that it’ll be going “back to basics”. Seems like Shogun II to us anyways.

We’ll shout off an email to Sega.

1. Yoshi

What era was Shogun? Was it with crazy ninja samari or something lol

2. A4-F8

about 7 years ago when i was 11
    i use to play this game
    its good game

3. Wakkum

Shogun is awesome, please bring Shogun 2. It’s still my favorite era in which the Total War-games took place.

4. Erthazus

Shogun was the worst Total War game, but still i like this piece of history.

5. Yoshi

I never tried Shogun. Rome was my first total war game and it is definately the best in my books.

6. endgame

this is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. n1. :)

7. Suikoden Fan

this is the total war i’ve wanted for years.

8. Grimrita

OMG OMG OMG
    I never actually played Shogun – its the ONLY one that I havent played. I would have much preferred to see a Rome TW 2

9. revolting

@4 What a ridiculous comment. Shogun was the FIRST Total War game. That the five games spanning ten years following it are better than the first is surely to be expected? That doesn’t make the first one bad, or even “worst”, just the oldest, existing without the benefit of a decade of hindsight, feedback and development.

In terms of the game’s setting, the first one was absolutely the most interesting to me personally by far. I’m very much looking forward to seeing an up to date version of it using all the developments they’ve made and lessons they’ve learned over the last 10 years.

10. Erthazus

@9 Yes i know about that, i’m sorry. I said the wrong word. It’s OLD compared to new Total War games.
    Shogun at it’s time was absolutely amazing.

and i can’t wait for the new Shogun.

11. Uncontested