Report – Tekken 7 announced in Madrid

Thursday, 27th May 2010 16:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

tekken65

According to a Eurogamer.pt report, Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada has apparently announced a seventh edition in the series at an event in Madrid.

Not much else was said other than confirmation of development, and that it was in pre-production during a speech held in the city.

It comes as Tekken 6 was only released last year for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PSP. That was announced back at E3 2005, with an arcade release in 2007.

The console version was re-revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2008 during the keynote of  ex-corporate VP of Xbox, John Schappert, who had confirmed the series would be coming to 360 for the first time.

We’ll get on to Namco Bandai about this.

1. mington

:/ no thank you

they should cut the character count by half

2. Johnny Cullen

I’ve barely touched my PS3 copy of Tekken 6.

I haven’t played it since I got my Slim back on the day of the APOCALYPS3.

3. mington

same here, i bought it on xbox360 so i could you my street fighter fight stick, but the button layout was all weird, and you couldn’t use it to play the stupid story mode thing either.

But the real problem was, there was just far to much to take in, i learned how to use a few characters but then just gave up.

4. Boris Fett

Tekken 6 is the only full price title I’ve ever actually gone out of my way to get every achievement in, and I’ve *never* been the achievement whoring type.

Great game, but isn’t it a bit soon to be announcing a new one?

5. FadeLive

I really disliked Tekken 6, it was probably the biggest dissapointment for me this generation cause I loved all the previous games. I don’t know how they fuck up a series that has essentially been the same game with improved graphics since Tekken 3 but they sure did it with Tekken 6.

6. Johnny Cullen

TBH, the only real Tekken I found myself playing and properly digging my heals into was Tekken 5.

Properly loved it.

7. AHA-Lambda

Oh god let this series die! Tekken 6 was HUGE disappointment!!!

I agree with mington the cast needs to be SERIOUSLY cut down. I mean it was a neat novelt in tekken tag by having every tekken character to date in one game but now its just insanely OTT.

8. ReeceHeywood

After playing Street Fighter 4 and Super I don’t think I could ever return to Tekken even though I used to play the older ones constantly back in the days on PS2.

I felt that Tekken 6 was a complete let down not only due to the success the others had made but also how long it had been in development for.

9. xino

Legend of Tekken? is that also a game?

10. Jackmaker

Man, Tekken 6 was by far the worst new generation game that I every played. This game focus on online ranking and Scenario Campaign mode. I played Soul Calibur 4 and Virtua fighter 5 and I never thought that Tekken 6 graphics where that ugly. Plus, with limited character customizations and no offline ranking. That really made me hate the game. No body doesn’t care if someone is good or bad in a game all that matters in a game is this. Are you have fun? In Tekken 6 my answer is NO! Tekken 7 the only way I would buy it is

1. Character creation (so I can truly have fun and fight as myself.)
    2. offline ranking (Tekken 6 had a first dan cap.)
    3. No Scenario Campaign mode

1+2+3= buy

2+3-1= rent

1-2-3=pass

Now if Tekken 7 is going to be the same crap as Tekken 6 don’t waste my time Namco.

One more thing, to kill the console system wars, I have Tekken 6 on both systems Xbox360 and Ps3. The game was crap on both. It is not Xbox360 fault for Tekken 6 being a crap game. It was the features that were in Tekken 6 that made Tekken 6 to be a flop.