OPM UK teases open-world game with user-generated missions hitting PS3

Saturday, 17th April 2010 16:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

questionmark

Official PlayStation Magazine UK’s editor-in-chief, Ben Wilson, has revealed through the mag’s latest podcast that a new user-generated PS3 game will hit later in the year.

Without revealing what it was, Wilson went on to say that it’s also an open-world title.

“There is another game that we can’t talk about – I’d love to – that we know, where it’s an open-world game that’s coming out this year,” said Wilson while chatting about GTA.

“Everyone’s looking at me confused – this is genuinely true, I’m not making this up. “Basically it’s an open-world game where people will be able to design their own missions online and share them.”

You can hear it for yourself around the 30-minute mark here.

We’ve no idea what this could be. There’s already Red Dead Redemption, Agent, Mafia II, and L.A. Noire, but as far as we know, none of those include user generated missions, plus each one has been known about for ages.

Then again, it could be inFamous 2, but if it actually comes out this year, we’ll run out to the barn and kiss a horse.

We’ll be sure to apply lipstick first though.

Thanks, SCRAWLfx.

1. Razor

LBP2.

2. Gekidami

Nah, it isnt LBP2.

THIS, on the other hand is LBP2. :D

3. AHA-Lambda

Agent? Hell we don’t know anything about it. But theres no way thats this year >_>

4. Gekidami

Do we even know if Agent is open-world?

5. AHA-Lambda

no idea i’m just guessing that cos its rockstar

6. Erthazus

It’s LBP 2 for 98%

It’s innovation and MM likes innovation.

7. NoxNoctisUmbra

The most OPEN WORLD game was Marrowind, only thing is that you could not design any quests yourself, you could only find quests. But exploration and quests were epic, No helping icons there, no fast travel (except the animal travel). I hope its something like Marrowind with bigger world and quest maker!

8. Stephany Nunneley

@7 I agree with you on that, because MW was massive in scale.

I never even finished Morrowind – at least the main quest. I spent way to many hours breaking into houses, freeing slaves, collecting sets of armor, weapons, and I still have two rare books to find. Same with Oblivion.

Someday, I may get those back out and finish them.

9. Erthazus

Morrowind is not that massive if you want to compare to Daggerfall.

10. Stephany Nunneley

I never played Daggerfall. By the time I got a computer that would run games with any decency, Morrowind had been out almost two years as it was. Graphics are no big selling point for me, as I know that it won’t compare to anything out today, but that being said, would you recommend I pick it up?

11. Stephany Nunneley

I never played Daggerfall. By the time I got a computer that would run games like that with any decency, Morrowind had been out almost two years as it was. Graphics are no big selling point for me, as I know that it won’t compare to anything out today, but that being said, would you recommend I pick it up?

12. Stephany Nunneley

ARGH! Double post! Sorry :(

13. Erthazus

If you want a really massive RPG you can look forward to it. But graphics are not that great. Even if it is not a selling point for you, it’s outdated. If you can endure that pixel stuff then it’s going to be a massive experience for you.

I wish Bethesda could make a remake of Daggerfall. But it’s not going to happen because it’s just massive. Morrowind then Oblivion, Fallout 3 and e.t.c. have much less content with each new game :( but better graphics….