Crysis 2: First full reveal trailer and new images from NY premiere

Friday, 9th April 2010 14:01 GMT By Patrick Garratt

crysis25

Remember the short Crysis 2 teaser we shot earlier this week in New York’s Times Square? You can watch the full thing after the break.

The video shows human combat against an alien invasion of New York and a first proper glimpse at Nanosuit 2.

You’ll also find a few new pieces of art and one, lone, solitary screenshot to keep the video company.

Hit this for eyes-on impressions of the first ever look at gameplay from the event, and check out the first part of our post-reveal chat with Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli here.

Crysis 2 releases for PC, 360 and PS3 at the end of this year.

1. evilashchris

Love the music, who is it?

2. theevilaires

well that trailer was much better :D Were those in game graphics? If so then Naughty Dog has a challenge when UC3 releases.

3. Erthazus

This is Direct X11 screens only. No consoles can’t make these textures and there is a tesselation effect on the Nomad’s suit (last picture).
    + soft shadows.

and trailer is for consoles, there are bad textures, no tesselation (look at the grenade) and no direct X10 effects and actually that looks nothing special… Low-Medium settings at best.

I wish they could make two trailers. PC and console versions. I want to see a PC version.

4. ExclusivesMostly

This is my favorite site for gaming news but I am on the go all the time and so I usually use my iPhone. Can you guys please put the videos in YouTube format? Oh and I’ll probably have to watch this on YouTube because I’m not near my computer. I Hate having to navigate away.

5. Thalius

evilashchris The music is a Frank Sinatra cover.

What the first one about aliens too? Never played it.

6. mington

@4 i second that, one of the only thing that lets this site down, ipod friendly videos please if possible

you could just make a VG247 youtube channel

or maybe they use that video player for the adverts, its all about the green

7. mington

@5 i haven’t played it either, but from what i understand, half way through the first game, aliens and shit, land and hit fans.

8. Patrick Garratt

I’ll have a look at YouTube. I only use Viddler because it gives me a lot of control over everything, lets me brand the video, etc. I’ll take a look later.

9. Erthazus

@5 First part you fight Koreans and second part is about aliens that are invading the earth.

It’s a sequel to the first part.

10. evilashchris

yeah Thalius, I know the song, I want to know who it is covering it, I like her voice :D

11. mington

@8 i’m not pretending to be an expert, i haven’t actually got a youttube account, but…

you could use Viddler, brand it, then convert that video to youtube, so you have it in two formats, in two different places, then post links to the youtube channel along with the viddler video in the article…stop me if this get too complicated ;)

you would probably get quite a lot of traffic through a you tube channel, google loves youtube, if you had a youtube channel, with properly named videos, anyone searching for a crysis2 trailer in the WORLD would probably end up on this site

all about the green

12. mington

@8 google results:

see those videos sat above kotaku and gametrailers! that could be you baby, and you can monitonize the youtube videos with google ads

13. Patrick Garratt

Hmm. That’s a pretty good point. Really good, in fact. I’ll check it out properly later.

14. mington

i will be expecting a Christmas card :P

15. blackdreamhunk

cool i can’t wait sooooooo hot!!!!!

16. theevilaires

what was the highest resolution the first game could reach?

17. Blerk

Is there a hi-def version of the trailer anywhere yet?

18. Blerk

Answered my own question – Gamersyde have one.

19. mington

get yourself listed in google news too
    (this often appears at the top of google results, you need a google account)

click ‘Suggest news content’ and away you go (i think, again i’ve never actually done it myself)

how to guide

20. theevilaires

If not now then next week in the console stores. I hope they make a proper 1080p trailer on PSN.