Debut F.E.A.R. 3 trailer is literally mental

Thursday, 8th April 2010 18:29 GMT By Johnny Cullen

fear2

F.E.A.R. 3′s going to be properly scary, going by the first trailer just released for it.

The video shows Alma giving birth to her new child, while Paxtel Fettel and Point Man coming together to meet their new incoming younger brother.

The real-time video very much looks like the viral that was made by the director of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Marcus Nispel, which we got first heads-up of back in February.

Give it a watch below, thanks to IGN. It is, as we said, literally mental.

F.E.A.R. 3 was announced earlier today for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC for release this fall, with original developer of the series Monolith handing off development duties to Day 1 Studios for the sequel.

1. Droid

That flash video’s not loading for me. :(

2. DarkElfa

Same here.

3. YoungZer0

Same here. Very scary.

4. Gekidami

It isnt working for me either. Just click on “IGN” up there and it’ll take you straight to it.

5. Moonwalker1982

Just click the link, you’ll see a much bigger video anyway then. Near the end you get to see some ingame parts, very brief though. Just hope they’ll use a new engine now. And i never found Alma scary or anything, but FEAR are good games.

6. YoungZer0

Damn that was stupid. Never liked the FEAR Series. The Action is superb, but the horrorelements are a joke and you couldn’t ignore the pacing-problems.

7. blackdreamhunk

fear is as good as fear is ever going to get. the Series has been going down hill after that. what does fear 2, Wallenstein, UT3 all have in common epic fops. i made the mistake of buy UT3 CE.

8. Amored

This video proves that FEAR could become a quite good movie, if made.

9. Tomo

What a fucking atrocious trailer. Seriously, having it pretty much 95% cinematic? Jesus.

I love the FEAR games and have a real soft spot for the second one too, so I’m really looking forward to this. That trailer is bullshit though. Fucking ‘ell.

10. Yoshi

I thought that was ‘live action’ as they say, not cinematic.

11. Superet

That made me happy. I am now happy.

12. Johnny Cullen

This has actually properly put me in the mood for Silent Hill 3.

In fact, I’m listening to the theme done by Akira Yamaoka because of it.

13. Superet

@blackdreamhunk: What exactly is ‘Wallenstein’? Haha.

14. blackdreamhunk

@Superet

you know id software so called prized wining new pc game or shousay game because it was multiplat it was a major flop epic flop!

15. Ghost_Dog

Well, I thought that was a cool trailer.

16. endgame

loading.., but I agree that the IGN video service is proper b/s. anyways, the movie looks awesome! :) can’t wait to see more. maybe some in-game footage.

17. Superet

@blackdreamhunk: Yeah, I knew what you meant; I was just being silly. :D

18. Patrick Garratt

Wow. My “source” on this really was 100%. Bodes well for the CoD7 info.

19. Sinasuperman

I think it can be good game! I play F.E.A.R.1/2 and I want to say it must be wonderfull game in horror gener but I’m realy excited when I heared about NOLF 3 it may be good too.
    Point man , Paxton i’m coming…