Leaked Sonic 4 shots are verified awesome

Wednesday, 24th February 2010 07:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sonic 4

Some leaked shots of Sonic 4 are on the internet and are basically awesome. That’s: awesome.

The screens come from a build of the upcoming digital title on PartnerNET, which is only accessible to anyone with a debug Xbox 360.

One of the shots also shows a boss battle with Dr Robotnik, which makes it official: this will be awesome on a stick.

This comes on the back of leaked footage from last week, which showed the game’s opening stages.

The title was announced last month for a summer release – potentially July – on PSN, Xbox Live Arcade and WiiWare. It could be coming to iPhone as well.

From Sonic Retro, via D’Toid.

1. Gekidami

Hum, you can see by these shots that the game is indeed fully in 2D. Still, it looks nice. Not to sure i like the fact that despite it being a sequel it looks more like a remake though.

2. NGCes26294BIV

I refuse to complain about this in any way. It’s exactly what we’ve all been screaming for, for about a decade.

Can’t wait.

3. Blerk

I dunno… it looks somehow… wrong. Hard to explain.

Still… 400 points per episode according to the dash picture. Much cheaper than I expected if that turns out to be correct.

4. Gekidami

I’ve been wanting a decent Sonic game, true. But i dont remember asking for a cheap rehash…

5. JonFE

That remains to be seen, doesn’t it Gekidami?

6. NGCes26294BIV

Come on Geki – you’re better than that. At least judge it on a demo if you’re not willing to wait until you actually play the final game.

7. absolutezero

Its NEU Sonic with his stupid gangly long limbs.

8. mington

sonics got blue legs?

and wheres his brown belly gone

and he really should by wearing some underpants or this’ll never get released in the UAE

9. mington

oh, he always had blue legs, my bad

10. satsugai

“One of the shots also shows a boss battle with Dr Robotnik”

Glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t stopped calling him by that name, Dr Eggman sounds so stupid.

11. SilkVG

Dr. Eggman is his American alias. I think Robotnik is too long/complicated/hard to spell for them. If anyone from the good ol’ USA is reading.. I’m kust kidding ;)

Also Robotnik is Kintobor reversed.. the latter being his “good” version before things went pear shaped. Though I think they came up with Robotnik first, since it’s got the word robot in it.. and erm.. nik.

12. Blerk

“The original English instruction manual for his 1991 debut game Sonic the Hedgehog described the character’s full name as “Doctor Ivo Robotnik” while the Japanese version’s instruction manual for the same game called him “Doctor Eggman”. Then in 1999′s Sonic Adventure, the character was called both “Doctor Robotnik” and “Doctor Eggman” in the English version. Yuji Naka has explained that “Robotnik” is the character’s real name while “Eggman” is a “common name taken after his shape.” Despite this, the Japanese Sonic Channel profile listed his full name as unknown.”

13. DaMan

that looks okay.

the only recent Sonic game I found as fun as the old ones was the J2ME version. I guess 2d really is the way to go for them.