Arc “could work fantastically with Red Steel 2, Natal wouldn’t be a “natural fit”

Monday, 22nd February 2010 20:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

redsteel2

Red Steel 2 “could work fantastically” well with PlayStation Arc, according to creative director Jason Vandenberghe.

Natal? Not so much.

Speaking with VideoGamesDaily, Vandenberghe said the 360 motion camera wouldn’t be a “natural fit” with the game.

“I think it could work fantastically with the Sony wand,” he said. “With this kind of game you need a thumbstick, that’s the only real constraint. For walking around at least, I haven’t seen a solution.

“Microsoft may come forward and show me something I haven’t seen before, which makes me understand how you can play a first-person action game like this that requires this intense finesse and accuracy in your motion, and not have a controller in your hand of some kind.

“But I think we need to have a thumbstick. I think this is probably a more natural fit for the Sony side of things right now, but I don’t think Microsoft is showing all of its cards right now either,” he further added.

Earlier, Vandenberghe said that if Red Steel 2 doesn’t live up to its potential success, the series will be finished.

The game’s out on March 23 in the US and March 26 in the UK for Wii. Both Arc and Natal are due for release by the end of the year.

Thanks, dirigiblebill.

1. Erthazus

Red Steel Playstation 3 game CONFIRMED!

PS: If this game will come out for PS3 in HD using PS3 power i will buy Arc without hesitation.

2. Gekidami

Ubi says: “Natal is no good for FPS’”.
    This does not bold well.

3. NiceFellow

Yeah but Patcher says Natal will outsell Arc 10 to 1… but of course he has been known to be wrong… from time to time.

4. Gekidami

Well if it is indeed bundled with every 360 then it most likely will. I mean, the 360 sells 200,00 in a month, that’ll suddenly be 200,00 Natal sales, yay! Its selling well!

5. AHA-Lambda

hell this is my own pachter prediction of the day but I can see natal 360 bundles becoming the norm and phasing out the arcade.

Anyway get to work on that conviction ps3 port ubi not red steel 2 ps3 >:(

6. frostquake

Basically..HELP US SONY..Red Steel 2 is going to FAIL on the Wii because it SUCKS…and if you can slap us in the face with your massive wand and deep pockets we will port our Sucky Suck Game to the PS3…pweese pweese….We promise to Blow all of Sony’s Wands if you just let wittle old us port to the PS3… R U Kidding Me???? Looks like some of you will blow any old WAND that dangles in your face if it is pierced with a game you perceive to be Awesome?? ROFL

7. dirigiblebill

You’re welcome Johnny, thanks for the linkie.

8. RGW1982

The PS3 Is Gonna Take All The Wii’s 3rd Party Games & HD Them Since They All Sell So Pourly On The Wii, Even Casual Wii Players Will Buy PS3 & ARC For The HD Experience.

9. Dannybuoy

A very pourly written comment. ;-)

10. Blerk

Heh. It’s rather amusing how everyone says Red Steel is ‘shit and only sold because it was a launch game’ one second and is then super excited about the very same game possibly coming to PS3 as if that would somehow make it ‘not shit’. It’s either shit or it isn’t, chaps – make your minds up!

11. Gekidami

Erthazus must be “Everyone”.

12. Blerk

I’m not just talking about this Red Steel thread. :-)

13. Robo_1

I liked the original Red Steel and this looks great. Bring on a PS3 version.