Crysis 2 will have “five big things you’ll remember forever,” says Crytek

Monday, 15th February 2010 11:43 GMT By Johnny Cullen

crysis2

Crytek’s told Edge that Crysis 2 will “five big things” that gamers will remember “forever”.

“We know what was good about Crysis, what we needed to improve and what was fun about the game, and we can build on a core we no longer have to find,” said Nathan Camarillo, executive producer on the shooter.

“We can have those signature moments that only Crytek can do in realtime – those five big things you’ll remember forever.”

Crytek president Cevat Yerli said the films I Am Legend and The Day After Tomorrow served as inspiration for part of the game.

“I Am Legend and The Day After Tomorrow were unique and both ‘owned’ a version of New York. Ours, likewise, is in harmony with the Nanosuit. In Crysis, we changed that island in ways the player didn’t expect. Expect bigger here. It’ll be a New York City like none in games or cinema,” he said.

Crysis 2 was recently tagged for a Q3 FY2011 release, between July-September 2010, alongside Medal of Honor for EA.

1. SchafferFX

I love how they can quantify that so assuredly…

2. mington

1.) limited edition comes with full working nano suit
    2.) ride the statue of liberty as it walks through the streets of new york
    3.)…..

On a serious note, they’re obviously referring to some massive world altering shit, will they do the ice thing again? maybe new york will sink under water

SMOKERSSSS

3. Bulk Slash

Will any of them be a game that is actually fun? I tried Crysis and it had all the same problems Far Cry had nearly 4 years before it.

4. NGCes26294BIV

Looking forward to this. A friend of mine is working on the multiplayer – says it’s awesome. He would, of course, but nice to hear nonetheless.

5. onlineatron

1) The onslaught of PC gamers complaining the game is dumbed down for ‘stupid’ console players.

6. matirishh

2) The price of a new CPU & motherboard
    3) The price of some new RAM
    4) ????
    5) MASSIVE DEBT

:-(

9. Gekidami

If its as memorable as the first one was forgetful i’d say they’re onto a winner.

10. Quiiick

1) bigger,
    2) better,
    3) more
    4) bad
    5) ass.

11. endgame

and again i see idiots complaining about spending money so that their pc could run crysis, again. so funny. :)

12. Retroid

@Fin: Yeah, I was mixing internet memes – yours is more realistic :)

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Well, I will say from what’s been shown so far it looks pretty fucking impressive.

14. RoarrrUK

The first thing I did when I built a new i7 pc was run Crysis. And while my machine can run it very well, the game itself was imho nothing special. Yes it is beautiful but I thought it was boring.

So while I’m keen to see the new engine, I hope they deliver more.

15. SwiftRanger

Crysis was ace, it’s a linear storyline but you get to solve every conflict the way you want and with a toolbox even Predator would be jealous about. Only the last level wasn’t up to it, also because it crashed every PC with an Ati card.