Modern Warfare 2 Care Package patch sent to MS for certification

Saturday, 6th February 2010 20:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

modernwarfare27

Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling has told Game Informer that the Care Package patch for Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360 is coming soon.

Speaking back and forth to each other via Twitter, Bowling stated that the patch went to Microsoft for certification on Friday (yesterday).

He followed up that tweet with one informing followers that the patch includes “sprinting with and calling multiple in”.

Here’s what’s in the works:

• Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
  • Fix for “infinite care package” exploit.
  • Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
  • Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
  • Fixes to prevent various XP hacks.

Good news for 360 users, considering the PC patch was issued last month, along with one for PS3.

No date yet, but it shouldn’t be much longer.

1. Enkeixpress

Ah.. That’s good that they are updating my game. I am planning to go back on it sometime this week for some MP action so … It’d be nice if it’s fixed by then.. I always like my games working properly. :)

2. ReeceHeywood

Pity I snapped the friggin disc last week due to this exploit. >_>

3. endgame

lol what? ms still hasn’t certified this? after a month? and u actually pay for ms services like xbox live. what a joke.

4. Pyrix

@endgame. MS have only just received it for certification, before now IW have been writing it. It will probably be out in a couple of days.

5. Wadey

Had a tweet back from @fourtwozero on 29th that it was with Microsoft so its not only just gone in it was with them 9 days ago !!! …

@fourzerotwo is the update coming soon on 360, care package glitchers making the game unplayable. Strip their ranks too !!
    11:06 PM Jan 29th from web in reply to fourzerotwo

@philwade Yes. I don’t have an exact ETA, I suspect next week sometime, but that’s just speculation. It’s @microsoft for certification atm
    11:10 PM Jan 29th from web in reply to philwade

6. endgame

so the bottom line is that u have to wait 2 more weeks for a patch just so it can be, retested!? i think that’s pretty f**king lame.

7. Enkeixpress

@ endgame

Microsoft are very serious & strict about what makes it way to their system. It needs to work properly as it should & they need to test it out themselves to make sure everything is good before setting it free into the game.

8. reask

So is this some kind of cheat?

9. RGW1982

MW2 Is For Little Kids, Girls & First Person nOObs Just Like The Rest Of The CoD Series, It’s The Only First Person Shooters Where You Can Shoot 2 To 4 Feet BESIDE Someone Completely Missing Them But Still Kill Them.. Gay.

Get Rid Of The Giant Hit Boxes In All The CoD Games, How About Some Patches For That..

CoD Is nOOb Warfare At It’s nOOby’est?.. lol

10. The Juice707

RGW1982: You have obviously had some poor experience with the game, but guess what… You just made yourself sound like a retard. MW2 is one of the most polished, refined, accessible, and fun online experiences out there- there wouldn’t be millions of people playing it if it wasn’t. So quit talking like you are smarter than everyone else since you won’t play one of the best games of 2008 because it is for “n00bs”. GTFO.

Now that I got that out, I am so glad to hear that the patch is getting close to release. Every other game I play is being exploited by the care package glitch, and it will be nice to be able to play normally again.

11. RGW1982

Yeah Because Giant Hit Boxes Are What Grown Ups Want In A Game, You Fuckin nOOb

12. Phoenixblight

@RGW

11 million units sold that is all. Dunno which is worse BDH or this pompous ass.

13. RGW1982

You Would Need A Lot Of Kids To Buy The Game To Sell That Many… Hello?, It’s Still For Kids.

CoD Is About As Fun As Playing 2D Mario Bros With Auto Jump, Now Wouldn’t That Be Fun? Because That’s How Easy CoD Literally Is.

Selling 11 Million Units Doesn’t Make Up For SHOOTING BESIDE SOMEONE & KILLING THEM Because Of The Giant Hit Boxes That EVERY CoD Game Uses, It’s For Kids Period.. There’s Really Nothing To Argue.

& I Don’t Care If You Like The Game (That Just Makes You A FPS nOOb At Heart) CoD Wins FPS nOOb Game Of The Year Every Year, While Battlefield Sits In A Distant 2nd.

CoD Will Always Be A Little Kids Game While Those Giant Hit Boxes Remain.

14. DrDamn

@RGW1982
    I think the series makes a number of compromises in order to give a smoother experience. It’s swings and roundabouts. That said I was a little pissed off in one game after being killed by a fatal shot to the gun barrel! I was poking out of a window shooting and someone was at the side some distance away. They could only see my gun barrel – not even enough of it to see my hand – and this is what they shot causing a fatal wound apparently.

15. Wadey

@RGW1982

So putting a capital letter at the start of every word in your replies makes you sound grown up? Perhaps you should have paid a little more attention at school… Get a life and stop looking for an arguement where there isn’t one, if you don’t like the game then don’t play it and don’t bother commenting on it too, people are here reading this because they like the game.

16. RGW1982

Oh Wadey I Hurt Your Feelings Making Fun Of Your Favorite Game? Don’t Blame Me For infinity Ward Making CoD For Little Kids.. Attack My Typing, Is That The Best You Can Do?

17. Wadey

RGW.. I don’t tend to get hurt feelings at my age, also the typing thing is pretty annoying to read and I was only pointing it out.
    I do enjoy the COD series, mainly because they are fun to play. I don’t care that the hit-boxes are too big as you say (not that i’ve noticed), the thing that does annoy me though (which is why I replied to this in the first place) is when people use glitches to gain the edge over anyone else who just wants to play for fun. I have enough stress in my job with family etc, so just want an enjoyable game – who cares if its not realistic – that I can play for an hour or so and unwind.
    Like I said in my last posting, if you don’t like the game then why the hell play it and why bother commenting on it too, unless you just like to get people going on forums & message boards… Hmm troll maybe?

18. The Juice707

@ Wadey

Take a look around, RGW has stupid shit to say for every topic. Your post was 100% relevant, but that isn’t going to stop him continuing to find a reason to disagree and demean everyone else.

19. endgame

@Enkeixpress

serious or retarded? iw already tested the patch so ms doesn’t need to do it again. no one ever retests the pc patches and they always work. this is not about the patch working properly or not. it’s about something else. and w/e it is it hurts the customer. not that i care too much about xbox users. if they r that dum to pay for something that they should be getting for free, like we (pc users) do, then they deserve shitty, bugged products.