Sat, Feb 06, 2010 | 20:35 GMT
Modern Warfare 2 Care Package patch sent to MS for certification
Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling has told Game Informer that the Care Package patch for Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360 is coming soon.
Speaking back and forth to each other via Twitter, Bowling stated that the patch went to Microsoft for certification on Friday (yesterday).
He followed up that tweet with one informing followers that the patch includes “sprinting with and calling multiple in”.
Here’s what’s in the works:
- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for “infinite care package” exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks.
Good news for 360 users, considering the PC patch was issued last month, along with one for PS3.
No date yet, but it shouldn’t be much longer.