Chart-Track’s put out its global sales analysis for 2009, claiming Modern Warfare 2 was the biggest title last year on a world level with sales of 11.86 million units.
And your top five are:
- Modern Warfare 2 – 11.86 million (8.82 million US, 237.5k Japan, 2.8 million UK)
- Wii Sports Resort – 7.57 million (4.54 million US, 1,54 million Japan, 1.49 million UK)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 7.41 (4.23 million US, 2.49 million Japan, 687.3k UK)
- Wii Fit Plus – 5.8 million (3.53 million US, 1.3 million Japan, 968.3k UK)
- Wii Fit 5.44 million (3.6 million US, 588.3k Japan, 1.25 million UK)
While these figures are very nice, there was still an 8 percent decline in overall software sales across the globe.
You can get the full report on MCV.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.