Chart-Track’s put out its global sales analysis for 2009, claiming Modern Warfare 2 was the biggest title last year on a world level with sales of 11.86 million units.
And your top five are:
- Modern Warfare 2 – 11.86 million (8.82 million US, 237.5k Japan, 2.8 million UK)
- Wii Sports Resort – 7.57 million (4.54 million US, 1,54 million Japan, 1.49 million UK)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 7.41 (4.23 million US, 2.49 million Japan, 687.3k UK)
- Wii Fit Plus – 5.8 million (3.53 million US, 1.3 million Japan, 968.3k UK)
- Wii Fit 5.44 million (3.6 million US, 588.3k Japan, 1.25 million UK)
While these figures are very nice, there was still an 8 percent decline in overall software sales across the globe.
You can get the full report on MCV.