Darksiders: Vigil to issue a fix for tearing issues on 360

Thursday, 7th January 2010 20:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

darksiders

Vigil’s set to release a fix for screen-tearing issues inherent with the 360 version of Darksiders, according to creative director Joe Madureira.

Speaking with IGN while in London, Madureira confirmed that Vigil was aware of the issue and is already planning a fix.

“It’s something that’s really not a difficult fix for us and so we’re going to implement a patch to resolve the problem,” he said. “We’re fairly certain it’ll happen really soon so look out for it.”

So far, reviews for the title have been positive, with the game standing at a combined Metacritic score of 85, and user-scores averaged out to 9.1/10.

1. evilashchris

Great stuff! Interested agin now :D

2. Phoenixblight

Interested in this game but I am going to wait til I get more money in my pocket before I buy it.

3. Anders

If it isn’t “a difficult fix”, why wasn’t it in there from the beginning?

Ah well. At least they’re doing something about it.

4. Michael O’Connor

Because it obviously wasn’t picked up on in testing, for any number of plausible reasons. What works in development does’t always work when a product goes live – this is especially true of MMORPGs.

It happens.

5. Phoenixblight

Also they have a team of 10-20 testers when you have over X amount of possibilities there are sure to be issues. Thats why when a MMO comes out I let 6 months go before I come into it by then they usually fix all issues.

6. Hunam

You’ve all missed the most common way bugs get in actually, it probably wasn’t there till they fixed some other bugs right at the end and the side effect causing a different problem, but by this time the build has been sent to cert and passed.

7. Gekidami

Pretty hard not to see tearing isnt it? I mean its something that stands out pretty well normally. Rather then say that none of the QA picked up on it i’m going to assume they judged it was something they could let pass and fix later.

8. LewieP

I’ve not noticed any tearing, but I’ve seen some pretty serious framerate dropping on the 360 version.

9. SunKing

If the tearing is noticable to general players then you can bet your ass someone in QA picked up on it. I imagine that they just decided to pass it over and then fix it later in a patch.