The Beatles: Rock Band sells over 1 million units worldwide

Thursday, 10th December 2009 21:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

thebeatles

MTV and Harmonix announced today that The Beatles: Rock Band has sold over one million units worldwide.

“MTV Games and Harmonix are very pleased with the sales of our Rock Band titles and we expect to continue to see strong sales throughout the holidays across all of our titles,” an MTV spokesperson told IndustryGamers.

“The Beatles: Rock Band has sold over 1 million units worldwide to date.”

Good to hear. Now all we need to do is get it ourselves.

More through the link.

1. Sublimeone

By the standards of “The Beatles” the sales figures
    are very disappointing. I do give credit to MTV G
    & Harmonix trying to look smirk in spite of sales
    falling way behind the target mark.

2. psxman

Shame they’re not advertising the DLC in any way (other than the standard facebook and VG blogs).
    I’m sure if fans knew they could play the entirety of Abbey Road or Sgt Pepper’s etc, they’d be more inclined to go out and get her…

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I tell you what. The Beatles are my favorite band of all time. I bought this game day 1, beat it on guitar then shelved it saying I’d go through bass again shortly. Haven’t had the desire to put it on again since launch. I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with the Beatles. But rather i’m just so sick of these guitar hero/rock band games, i don’t even want to deal with them anymore. I just realized that now. lol

4. Mike

If I had friends I’d play this.

5. psxman

@Mike it’s a shame we don’t live in the same country (statistically speaking, I can guarantee we don’t).

6. Johnny Cullen

It’s practically been the only game I have played for the latter half of the year. Even with stuff like UC2 and ACII, I still go back and play it to death.

Cant play it now though, as guitar is fucked. :(

7. Tonka

1 million worldwide across ALL formats? Isn’t that piss poor?

8. sickpuppysoftware

I rented this the other week as my Dad was coming over to visit. He likes these sort of games but usually doesn’t know any of the songs. He does like the Beatles, I’m not fussed.

The presentation is leagues above the other guitar games. They really should be applauded for not just churning rockband with a crappy Beatles skin hastily thrown over it.

9. Blerk

That’ll keep Paul in psychotic wives for a good few years, then.

10. Psychotext

I really enjoyed (and am still enoying) this. Shame it hasn’t done better really. =/

Not that surprising given how oversaturated the market is though.