Treyarch Call of Duty job posting mentions “history”

Thursday, 3rd December 2009 10:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

codwaw2

Treyarch’s dropped a pretty heavy hint that, unsurprisingly, its next Call of Duty game will be based in the past.

This job posting, for a CoD level designer, requires applicants to show they’re able to, “Research subject matter for history and look of the level”.

Activision’s already confirmed that another Call of Duty title will hit next year.

Vietnam, please. Thanks, OPM.

1. Syrok

Call of Duty: Battle of Hastings

2. G1GAHURTZ

The word “history” doesn’t necessitate that they’re making it in the past.

If I was doing a level in modern day London, it’d still make sense to know the history of the place in order to make a convincing environment.

3. bobbymington

My friend told my the other day he heard it was going to be in Vietnam, i should ask him his source

4. theevilaires

Treyarch should go back to making spider-man games

5. G1GAHURTZ

They should make it a zombie game.

Compete with L4D.

6. OlderGamer

Not to sound too American, but I wouldn’t make a Vietnam one. But then again unless it really impresses, I prolly won’t be buying it anyways. And it was so long ago, it shouldn’t be an issue. I just don’t see the pull, in WWII you know who the bad guy is, in Vietnam, their is like 5 sides and none of them were outright bad or good. Maybe that will make for a good game, I don’t know.

7. G1GAHURTZ

Classic.

8. Patrick Garratt

There you go. An FPS – first-person surfing.

9. JimFear666

treyarch should not be involved into COD games anymore. I guess most of people with a i.q higher than 10 are tired to play ww2 games and past war…

10. Aimless

Wherever it’s set, it’s pretty much a given they won’t get the chance to do anything interesting with it, like having the player be a part of the French Resistance during WWII or play as a member of the Vietcong. It’ll just be another traditional CoD shooting gallery because all Activision want is a game to push out next year with the right branding on it.

11. OlderGamer

Actualy, there is a lot you could do with Vietnam. You could play the French, the Americans, the North Vietnamese, the South Vietnamese, or the Chinesse. There were a lot of covert stuff going on across borders. The dense jungle could be intense. There is plenty here to use. I just don’t think that too many people are going to be all that interested in Vietnam. But I could be wrong.

12. eliteboosters

on xbox360 these two clans work together getting the champion badges during clan ops WICKEN ELITE AND LETHAL GAMING AND THEY BOOST LONE WOLFS TO GET PRIZE ITS SAID ACTIVISION MAY IN ITS DISRETION TAKE ACTION AGAINST PLAYERS FOUND VIOLATION OF CODE OF CONDUCT THESE TWO PLAYERS THAT BOOST THE MOST I’LL PUT GT GT MEAN GAMERTAG FOR SHORT GT itzskeith GT ITZSOMNUS YA’LL NEED TO GIVE THEM 5000 DAY BANNED AND RESET THERE LEVEL 50 CLAN TO ZERO AGIAN FIRST CLAN WICKEN ELITE SECOND CLAN LLETHAL GAMING THEY BOTH TAKE TURNS GETTING CHAMPION BADGES ON ELITE BY BOOSTING