Rumor: Dead or Alive 5 possibly in the works

Friday, 6th November 2009 14:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

deadoralive

A rumor circulating the net this morning has Tecmo working on Dead or Alive 5.

According to a retail source of Go Fanboy, the game is currently being developed for multiple platforms, which would mean it would no longer be an Xbox exclusive.

A while ago it was revealed that Koei Tecmo were working on a familiar franchise and the rumor that this title would no longer be a platform exclusive had everyone thinking Dead or Alive, to be honest.

Therefore if sources for Go Fanboy are correct, pixilated ladies with large bouncy bits will be bounding onto PS3 sometime in the near future.

As with all rumors, keep it has a grand hope within your heart until official word comes down from on high.

Via Boomtown.

1. Gheritt White

Oh god, please no.

2. Blerk

Who’d have thunk we’d be seeing a fighter resurgence in this day and age? I blame next-gen breast physics.

3. Gheritt White

I love one-on-one fighters – they’re the equivalent of FIFA or PES for me. However, DoA is just one series I think is best left to die. Wouldn’t mind seeing another Virtua Fighter, though.

4. Gekidami

The only thing i liked about DOA is that you could actually do 4 players through tag.
    But otherwise its nothing special, i’d rather play SF.

5. theevilaires

Yes please come back to PlayStation consoles. I miss this series and I hate the 360′s D-Pad. I need a fighter to cheer me after that fail attempt piece of garbage by Namco last month.

6. Johnny Cullen

Do I assume correctly that there hasn’t been a DOA on a PlayStation console except DOA2 for the PS2?

7. theevilaires

Yup acid face got jealous that people liked Tekken better so he took the DOA series away from us :(

8. Gheritt White

…and DoA 1 – that was on PS1 as well. In fact, I think DoA2 was DreamCast and Xbox only.

I’m loving Tekken btw TEA, why don’t you like it?

9. freedoms_stain

DoA2 was defo on PS2, I have it.

10. Gheritt White

And you expect us to believe that, f_s? Pics or it didn’t happen.

11. theevilaires

DoA2 was on the PS2 as well. I’m looking at my copy at the moment. Tekken 6 loading was annoying. They added some new moves but it felt like Tekken 5.75 to me. The story is still shitty. Really those damn Japanese can’t tell a fucking story to save their own damn lives except in anime.

Tekken force mode WTF. How hard is it to borrow some code from team Ninja and make it a good action portion of the game. I’m glad I rented it first. I got the platinum in 2 days, which was really like 8 hours of play time. Its not worth $60.When it drops to $40 I’ll buy it no problem (maybe on black friday)but I’m not awarding lazy ass devs full admission to a crappy sequel. I’m just not, its not a money thing it’s a moral thing.

12. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

People don’t play fighting games for their story, and Tekken has never been a series to take itself too seriously in that respect. It *likes* to poke fun at itself.

Personally, I was extremely impressed with Tekken 6. There was a hell of a lot more done to it than “some new moves”, and as someone who appreciated the nuances of the fighting game genre, it’s probably the most balance title in a series that’s legendary for how incredibly unbalanced its characters are.

They may have skimped a little on the design (visually, most characters were just ported across with little to now visual updates), I won’t disagree with you there, but there’s a lot of changes to that game that went on under the hood. And that’s where I’d prefer their energy went, to be honest.

Anyway, Dead or Alive 5? I’m a fan of the other titles, so yes please!

13. Gheritt White

Tbh loading is a bit annoying, yes – but if you install it to the HD it decreases dramatically. For me, the Tekken Force mode probably wonlt get a look in anyway. I’m just really glad the game has 40 fighters – some with brand new move sets, all with new moves – unlocked right from the very start. Offline versus bliss!

14. Goliath

Since when was the DOA franchise exclusive? DOA has been on the Sega Saturn, PlayStation, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360.

15. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

Yes, but there hasn’t been a new DoA on another console in nearly eight years, so it kinda “moved” into being an exclusive title.

16. theevilaires

O’Connor: yea good points but I still wasn’t impressed much.

Stickboy: I did install but the loading was still to much for me. It should have been seamless. no fucking excuses if they started development on PS3 first 3 years ago. These devs need to share and ask for advice when dealing with the blu-ray drive specs tbh.

Goliath: DoA3(all versions),DoA4,and beach volleyball games have been exclusive to xbox for a while.

17. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

The loading times *are* pretty terrible, and the Scenario Mode is flat out pants. Which is a pity, because the rest is great.

18. Soong

Pfft if you really want to play beat’em ups seriously, buy a decent arcade stick. Playing with the 360 d-pad is utter fail, and so is playing with the Dual Shock 3 d-pad. Amateurs.

19. theevilaires

arcade sticks suck. thats why arcade cabinets now have ports where you can bring your DS2 and plug them straight into the cabinets. PlayStation Dualshock D-Pad is always the best choice for fighters.

20. Blerk

Now I know you’re mad!

21. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

Soong: Nobody even mentioned arcade sticks.

22. Psychotext

The Saturn D-Pad is by far the finest D-Pad ever for fighting games. The PS D-Pad works, but it’s still pretty average on the whole.

Of course, nothing comes close to an arcade stick with a changeable gate.

23. Gheritt White

Unlike Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct, Tekken (and Toshinden – remember that?) were console-orientated fighters, *not* arcade-orientated fighters, thus arcade sticks are actually a detriment to play, not a assistance.

24. Johnny Cullen

Gheritt – I just renenbered there now it was. PS2 release in 2002 I think.

In fact, it was published by SCEE.

25. theevilaires

lol I remember Toshinden good times :D

26. Soong

Holy shit aires, are you actually suggesting that arcade sticks suck and joypads are better for beat’em ups?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    You’re either joking or completely delusional. The only reason that those ports to connect a DS2 are there is to attract complete noobs to the game. Sorry man, just telling it like it is.

27. Psychotext

“TEA is right – Tekken has been designed for control pads from the ground up, from the first iteration of the series.”

You do realise that an arcade stick is virtually identical to a control pad right? There’s literally no advantage to a pad unless you find yourself needing to hold two or more buttons whilst pressing others. I could understand what you were saying if you meant analogue sticks… but Tekken pre-dates them by some way.

That’s of course, ignoring the fact that Tekken was originally an arcade game… with sticks.

28. theevilaires

29. Psychotext

On a different note… I remember playing Virtua Fighter and Tekken in the arcade when they came out. They were both shit.

30. theevilaires

Uh yea the first Virtual fighter and Tekken were shit….just like the first Street fighter :P

31. Psychotext

Most definitely. Horrible game.

32. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

“Whatever, all I know is I never lost a matched when I’ve connected my DS2 to the cabinets”

I’m going to have to visit you some time…

33. JonFE

I remember VF1 costing me a fortune of coins in the arcades (Lau Chan FTW). Didn’t get along with VF2 though.

34. Psychotext

“I’m going to have to visit you some time…”

I’m glad that it’s not just me who found his gaming prowess sexy.

/dons MW2 goggles

35. JonFE

Enough with the dogging already ;)

36. Psychotext

YOU CAN’T STOP ME IF YOU CAN’T SEE ME

/slithers away

37. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

“I’m glad that it’s not just me who found his gaming prowess sexy.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I just want to kick his ass in Tekken. <3

38. theevilaires

Sure just let me know when you’re in New York. There’s tons of great arcades still active that regularly hold tekken,street fighter,and Marvel vs Capcom tournaments. I’ll be in Germany next year so any euros who want to party let me know.

O’Connor I’ve gotten rusty but still I doubt you can beat me with Kazuya. Jin….omg forget about it…I’ll make you cry.

39. Gheritt White

I’ll be in New York in February/March time – I’ll take you out sarging, it’ll be fun.

40. theevilaires

Sarging? I don’t do that. I go after what I want and I have a 98% success rate and you’re going to hang out with me then prepared to be treated like a king.

41. Gheritt White

You da man.

42. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

Are we talking Mishima Style Martial Arts Jin ala Tekken 3 (now essentially Kazuya and Devil Jin’s moveset) or traditional Karata Jin ala Tekken 4 onwards?

I currently main Leo, Xiaoyu and Lee. I’m sure I could prove a worthy challenge. You got it on 360 or PS3?

43. theevilaires

Leo is my new fav. He’s a mixture of Jin and Lee to me. But it doesn’t matter which version of Jin. I rented it for PS3 (maybe reason for the low attachment rate :P ).