UK charts: Uncharted 2 beaten by FIFA 10 to No. 1

Monday, 19th October 2009 10:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

uncharted230

Uncharted 2 has entered this weeks UK charts very strongly, but not enough to usurp FIFA 10 from the No. 1 position.

The Naughty Dog shooter still comes in though at a very respectable second. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising caps off the top three.

Brutal Legend comes in decently enough, coming in at 7.

Find the top ten below. Last weeks data is here.

UK charts

1. G1GAHURTZ

I think it’s peaked.

2. Psychotext

Should be first on the individual format chart… no idea where that is yet though (can’t seem to see it on the site).

3. Blerk

Decent start for Brutal Legend too, which is nice. Fallout 3 sold better than I expected, too!

4. Michael O'Connor

Not like forget that FIFA is a multi-format title across multiple formats.

As an exclusive title, I imagine its sales are going to soar.

5. Galactic_Barret

Is that combined or a particular edition? I’m not familiar with how UK charts work.

6. Gamoc

I’d say I was surprised by Fifa beating everything to number 1, but lying is a sin. I think.

7. mescalineeyes

game of the forever beaten by a yearly rehash? I’d be curious to see the non-combined charts, just for fairness’ sake.

8. Robo_1

Shame, ND really deserved a number one, best game I’ve played… ever.

9. Blerk

I’m sure it’ll be number one in the individual format chart. How many formats is FIFA on? Seven?

10. NiceFellow

Uncharted 2 is great, but I’m not surprised it got beat by a multiplatform football title in UK.

11. mojo

i cal bullshit on those lists..
    they dont tell u anything unless ther not splittet into plattforms..

12. Psychotext

Individual format charts are up… http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

13. pracer

Too early to tell too much at this point. But, to be honest, I never expected this game to be a run away hit saleswise. Thats why I called it overrated to begin with :0 I think it will do less then this in the states. I did however expect it to do better out of the gate, but then again, like I said hard to tell much at this early point.

14. The Hindle

Pracer,

The first Uncharted did 2.6m when the Ps3 was being hated on by everyone,plus the price was high back then. I think Uc 2 will do 4 million easy in total sales

15. MushroomStamp

LOL :) I can’t believe you brits and your soccer… crazy

16. pracer

4mil? Maybe, gven a long enough tail. Seems reasonable. Of course the Wii and xb360 have multiple games that sell more then that. I remember reading that Gears did 5.8 in the first year. God only knows how many Wii-Plays have sold. But my point is that I don’t feel it is fair to compare a game on the system with the lowest installed user base to games sold on the other systems. Also if your going to track these things, I think you should track them outside of the island as well. Whats UC2 gonna do in NA? Its a global market, so sales should be tracked acordenly if ya ask me.
    4m? I think your very close to right on that one.
    Wanna guess at CoD MW2 sales?

17. Dannybuoy

Still bloody good to get 2nd. What did uncharted 1 debut at?

18. The Hindle

Maybe even 5 or 6 million as the Ps3 price has dropped now. The thing that Ps3 games have that the 360s dont is long legs as Killzone 2 is still selling now. Consider that Microsoft spend tens of millions in marketing thier games including gears id say they cancel each other out tbh.

Uc 1 sold 2.6m as of June 09, since then its been bundled and had its price cut so id say it could be 3m at the moment depends when Sony decide to update the stats

19. Johnny Cullen

22 I think.

20. Psychotext

Someone did a little logical analysis on the numbers…

“So, FIFA10 first week was somewhere between 678k and 734k. Considering it dropped 64% and 54%, this past week it was in the 113k to 122k range. Assuming the PS3:360 split has remained the same (46:48) and knowing Uncharted 2 sold more than the 360 version but less than all FIFA10 versions combined, the Sony franchise opened somewhere between 55k and 122k”

21. pracer

Just wondering, does anyone have %s and numbers for the installed user base of PS3 vs xb360? I would want them in UK AND different sets for NA. Because it has become more and more obvious to me that you guys in the UK seem to play far more PS3. For the most part, you must totaly understand this at this point right, the PS3 is a joke over here. I mean it really is. The sales have picked up. But I think that in all the months each have been out, the ps3 has actualy outsold the xb360 three times, including this past month. In UK I would guess it has been far more. Hasn’t it…? Or did I somehow miss the sign over door on the way in that reads “PS3″ Bar. It reminds me of acidently stepping into a gay bar, walking around and saying, “WTF?”. Just saying its not what one might expect to find.
    And no not flamming, but honestly wondering. Its like listening to why the Atari Jaguar was far an away better then the PSone or Sega Saturn. And yea I knew people like that. I worked retail when they were out. Crazy. But listening to the PS3 guys is just surreal. Its kind of funny. For those that don’t know, I own a PS3 too(I spent most of today playing Fat Princess). So don’t shoot, I am one of you … well sorta … ok, no, not really one of you at all.