Oddworld games about to hit PC, PS3

Friday, 9th October 2009 08:15 GMT By Patrick Garratt

oddworld

Oddworld creator Lorne Lanning’s told Bitmob that the series is making a return in the not to distant future on PC.

“All four of the major Oddworld games will be re-releasing this winter in a package called The Oddbox,” he said.

“This will be the Abe games, Munch, and Stranger as one package for Steam’s digital distribution network, as well as a few other digital distribution outlets.”

And that’s not all. PS3 owners are about to get them too.

“We just signed the contract this week and the original Abe games will officially be coming to PSN very soon,” Lanning added.

There’s promise there of more Oddworld games, in addition.

Thanks, RPS.

1. Redh3lix

“Work!”…. “No!”…. lol, ZOMG the Oddworld games were genious and I loved ‘em

2. JonFE

While I had purchased both xbox releases (Munch and Stranger) I never played them to completion… I think I’ll have a tough time resisting this Steam pack, as long as they price it sensibly.

3. rainer

Cool, Stranger was a really nice quasi-TPS/FPS game that went under the radar of most.

4. Robo_1

Really hope Strangers Wrath hits the PSN too. The original was a real gem.

5. Gekidami

Well he says that the “Abe games” so that probably means the PS3 will only be seeing Oddysee and Exodus, most likley as PSOne classics as opposed to full re-releases like on PC.
    I never played Stranger, its a shame MS never put it up on Live as a classic.

6. Razor

It’s too bad Oddworld went missing from Playstation.

7. Gekidami

I’m not sure if i can trust his promise of more OddWorld games, they’ve been saying that for years now without anything to show for it.
    And whats happened to Citizen Siege? Other then some artwork they got nothing to show after all these years working on their biggest project.

8. Jackrock

Critics loved Strange, but I played it and was nice but not exceptional. Original, yes, but not the world-changing game that some reviewers babbled about.

Anyway, I’d love to play a new Oddworld title, but the lack of success of Munch and Strange sinked the series. A pity.

9. theevilaires

sweet. these will make perfect psp on the go games

10. Gekidami

Indeed, i’ve played both of them over a million times but i’ll still get them to play on PSP.

11. Psychotext

I thought Stranger’s Wrath was fantastic. One of the games I enjoyed most last gen. Arguably the best looking last gen game too.

Looking forward to playing the oldies as much as anything though.

12. theevilaires

Stranger’s Wrath was fucking awesome. It made me proud to own a xbox and was one of the many exclusives that kept me off my PS2 for a while. I will be getting this day 1 without hesitation even if it cost $100

13. DeSpiritusBellum

That’s one hilarious bit of news :p

Still, I didn’t get around to buying Stranger’s Wrath on my ‘Box so I’ll happily invest in it now. It sounded like a great concept back in the day.

The other games were definitely great.

14. Demiath

I got Stranger’s Wrath on the Xbox but never played it. A PC version on Steam would be an awesome instabuy!