“Remain patient” on MGS4 Trophy issue, says Konami

Friday, 7th August 2009 12:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

metalgear4

Trophies. Metal Gear Solid 4. Never the twain shall meet. Or will they? Kojima Productions’ Sean Eyestone, speaking in this podcast, has thrown the whinging masses yet another lifeline.

Just to address one issue that we’ve been getting a lot of comments about. And this is, of course, about trophies.

I just wanna tell everybody out there right now that your voices are being heard and that we’re not ignoring you. We hear everything that you are saying. It’s just that we can’t say anything just yet.

But as soon as we have something to say, we will announce it. So, if we can just ask everyone to just be patient, we will give you an answer. But right now we can’t say anything. So we just ask for everyone’s understanding with that and just ask for everybody to remain patient and we’ll let you know.

What will you all live for when Trophies get added? It’ll be like legalising heroin: all the fun’ll be knocked out of it.

Thanks, Examiner and CVG.

1. Gekidami

If anything there’ll be trophies for MGO rather then MGS4 i’m sure.

2. Psychotext

Yeah, there’d be no point in MGS4 trophies now. I’d wager virtually no-one is playing it any more.

3. Patrick Garratt

I know that player’s borked. Just looking into it now.

4. Razor

I don’t know Psyc. I think a fair few would boot it back up to get some trophies.

5. theevilaires

Well I for one want this badly. Of course the people still sour about this not showing up on xbox will spread negativity as you see above.

6. ChrisPilote

@theevilaires : Not being excited about it has nothing to do with being a xbox fanboy. I didn’t enjoy the game, so obviously I have no interest in trophies whatsoever, period.

7. Hunam

Sound like another excuse to run through it to me :)

Did the same with Uncharted too.

8. Psychotext

I loved the game, I just wouldn’t go back to it for trophies. I’ve already played through it four times for the emblems.

9. Aimless

I’d rather just buy MGS4: Sub-sandwich or whatever it’s going to be called. Get rid of the ridiculous installs, add Trophies, chuck in some extras and I’d gladly get the game again.

10. theevilaires

so why did you bother to read the the article headline if you’re not interested in the game?

“Remain patient” on MGS4 Trophy issue, says Konami.

You: Hmmm not interested but I’ll have a look and be bothered to comment on something I’m not interested in.

“Natal confirmed for GamesCom”

Me: Its eyetoy 2010 who gives a fuck…moving along

So to answer my own question up top…because you’re a fanboy who just had to read the article to see if there was any possibility for this being great news for PS3 owners.

XBOT:”What they can add trophies but not port the game, I hate you Konami!”

11. theevilaires

Oh yea, well I love the franchise and I would love the addition of trophies to this no matter how hard the challenge would be. I’m a die hard MGS freak. I’ve played MGS1 over 100 times. Now I want some bragging rights with a trophy patch. Make it happen konami!

12. ChrisPilote

I was planning to answer, but you’re obviously on drugs. So I guess it’s no need to bother.

13. Gadzooks!

@theevilaires

Are you capable of discussing something on it’s own merit, or does EVERYTHING have to relate to Xbox?

Obsession is not healthy.

14. ultrabrilliant

It’s been over a year since MGS4 came out – I’m done with ‘being patient’.

15. Phoenixblight

I just got this game in APril with my PS3 so this will be something to revamp me playing again.

16. theevilaires

Gadzooks you’re not on my level so STFU before I R.Y.N.O.

17. Psychotext

Go on TEA… call them all filthy xbots. :D

18. Gadzooks!

But I have Sony tattooed on it. You wouldn’t dare assault an appendage thusly adorned, would you?

19. Retroid

Still not got a copy of this game (I would’ve nabbed one if my local Tesco had had a copy for £12 or whatever silly price it was at the time) but at this stage I’m probably going to be better off waiting for the ‘director’s cut’ edition they always seem to do, eh?

Also, I’m still confused as to why some games can’t have trophies retroactively if they keep track of what’s going on in the game anyway (headshots, time played, levels completed etc.).

20. Johnny Cullen

If it comes, awesome.
    If not, oh well.

It’ll only be a bonus really to what is already an amazing game. It wouldn’t add anything better or worse about the experience.

21. TheTwelve

You guys are crazy. Countless people including myself would play MGS4 all over again if there are trophies.

22. Psychotext

Countless you say? I can count pretty high.

23. theevilaires

I’d say over a million would replay it over for trophies

24. Psychotext

I’d say you’re smoking something pretty potent.

25. No_PUDding

Maybe not a million, but I’d be back on it.

I am nto even a trophy whore, but if Kojima had any input I’d want to see them.

26. theevilaires

Ha ha ha on time as expected. you never fail :D

27. Psychotext

Que?

28. No_PUDding

What have I done now?

29. theevilaires

PSYCHOtext+NO_PUDding= http://images.tvrage.com/shows/7/6057.jpg

You two have really amazed me these past few weeks :D

30. No_PUDding

You see that hand he’s biting?

It’s not his hand.

31. Gekidami

For the record i never said MGS4 shouldnt get trophies because no one would bother to replay it, it just seems more logical to me that MGO get the update as to Konami traffic in that part of the game is more important.

32. Psychotext

“You two have really amazed me these past few weeks”

Pud is actually an xbot double agent.