Mirror’s Edge time trial DLC for free on PS3

Monday, 13th July 2009 12:01 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mepure

TheSixthAxis has noticed that the time trial DLC levels for Mirror’s Edge has now actually gone down in price on the UK PlayStation Store, from £7 to £0.

Translation: it’s now free.

We just checked and it is indeed true. However, for any 360 owners hoping for the same, its not. The content’s still at 800 MS Points on Xbox Live Marketplace.

The DLC was launched back in February for PS3, 360 and PC.

Well, what are you waiting for? Go, go!

1. Blerk

Is this a mistake? They certainly kept it quiet if it isn’t.

2. VIP0R

Better get it quick before its too late! =D

5 Seconds later – Got! =D

3. Cort

It’s been at zero for a couple of days now. That’s no mistake.

4. Hunam

That’s no moon!

5. Komond_Deckard

Yeah, I’ve already downloaded it 2-3 days ago, I was surprised but I thought it was announced somewhere and I just didn’t read it. It’s not only in the UK Store by the way, I downloaded it in the Spanish one, so I guess it’s free in all EU stores.

It’s a pity 360 doesn’t have it free, maybe it’s a mistake in the PSN store, I thought it was free for everyone.

By the way, 75* and 90* trophies are fucking hard.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Anyone know if this is true in the states? I’ll try when I get home from work in 9 hours…

*EDIT UPDATE*
    Just confirmed it’s NOT free in US region.

7. Quiiick

Downloaded this free DLC last night from the swiss PSN Store (note: Switzerland is not an EU country). Thanks EA & DICE !

Eventually all DLC should be free after 6 months on the virtual shelf, or at least heavily reduced in price.

For most retail games prices come down to 50% after about 6 months, so why not DLC?
    Isn’t it a bit funny that you have to pay more money for two LBP costume-packs than for the full retail game of LBP (Amazon UK: £ 11.99) only half a year after the game was originally launched?

8. Robo_1

Yes, I’ve been waiting for both the Star Wars and Prince of Persia add on levels to come down to around the £3.99 mark. £7.99 for one level is ridiculous.