L4D2 boycott “didn’t change our plans at all,” says Valve

Friday, 3rd July 2009 13:13 GMT By Patrick Garratt

left4dead25

Despite nearly 40,000 people signing a petition against the apparently overly early announcement of Left 4 Dead, Valve told CVG in London yesterday that it didn’t make a jot of difference.

“It really didn’t change our plans at all,” said Valve marketing boss Doug Lombardi.

“As I mentioned we had plans to keep releasing stuff [for L4D1]. We put the Survival Pack out for free which I thought was pretty cool on 360 as well as PC – it’s sort of uncommon to be able to get new stuff out that way.”

That’s where petitions get you, kids. There’s more through there.

1. Hunam

That’ll teach their loyal fans, way to show ‘em!

2. Blerk

Since when did a petition for anything ever work? :-D

3. Hunam

True I guess, maybe they’d have got a better result by a sustained DDOS attack against valve/steam, but the movies always say that taking action is wrong and peaceful protest is good. THE FOOLS!

4. Blerk

I imagine they know what we all know – that everyone who signed the petition will end up buying the game anyway. They’re fans, after all.

5. Gekidami

The threat was BS anyway… “Boycott”? They should have threatened to just pirate the game…

6. Hunam

I guess. I signed it and I don’t intend to get no.2, but that’s more because I’ve only played the first for about 3 hours.

7. Hunam

Also: Dead Rising > Left 4 Dead

8. DarkElfa

Right, in your dreams Hunam, you really are in your own little world.

9. endgame

lol @ Hunam!

10. Hunam

Dead Rising had its fair share of problems sure, but it’s fun and silly and fun. I just thought L4D was so diluted in comparison.