Square teaser is Four Warriors of Light: Final Fantasy Gaiden

Wednesday, 1st July 2009 15:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

fffourwarriorsoflight

Leaked scans from Japanese publication Weekly Jump have spoiled Square Enix’s teaser site surprise.

Turns out, the game is Four Warriors of Light: Final Fantasy Gaiden and is a DS RPG where you are a 14-year old boy who must save the princess who has been kidnapped by a witch.

Parties in your group will be made up of characters you meet along the way. The battle system lacks MP but has been replaced by “charge” next to your standard fight and item commands.

The game hits Japan this fall, and presuming Square isn’t bummed out by the leak and says to hell with it, two more characters should be popping up on the back of the dragon in the next few days.

IGN has the full thing, along with more information on game mechanics.

1. Patrick Garratt

Thank God for that.

2. Blerk

“Disappointed” isn’t the word.

3. DaMan

this is the last time I gave a shit about a countdown on their website.

4. Michael O'Connor

Thank god all the Japanese people (who this was marketed at) will enjoy this news then.

5. joshua nash

this is the reason countdown clocks never work cause some game mag will always leak the info

6. Blerk

Yeah, I’m sure they’ll love it to bits. Serves me right for hoping it’d be something for us, really. Nobody to blame but myself. :-(

7. Phoenixblight

@ Michael O’Connor

Guess I am a japanese person because I am interested in this game.

8. Michael O'Connor

“Guess I am a japanese person because I am interested in this game.”

*laughs* So am I, but most people seem to be disappointed. I don’t see why though, looks fun.

9. ultrabrilliant

10. Phoenixblight

“I’m looking forward to this, but: “a 14-year old boy who must save the princess who has been kidnapped by a witch.” YAAAAAAAWN.”

Better then a kid going after a parent…